Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Double Tap To Wake Up Screen Possible?

Tip us?
 
shervinkh
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tehran
Default [Q] Double Tap To Wake Up Screen Possible?

is there any chance to have the feature that new LG devices have (double tap on off screen to wake) on this device?
or it needs some hardware?
 
factorexh
Old
#2  
factorexh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 240
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shervinkh View Post
is there any chance to have the feature that new LG devices have (double tap on off screen to wake) on this device?
or it needs some hardware?
there is a xposed module for that. search for it.
 
shervinkh
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tehran
Quote:
Originally Posted by factorexh View Post
there is a xposed module for that. search for it.
are you sure? i've searched but the only thing i found was knock code with screen on and double tap to on for HTC m8 and nexus 5.
can you tell the name of module?
 
koragg97
Old
#4  
koragg97's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 561
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sofia
Quote:
Originally Posted by shervinkh View Post
are you sure? i've searched but the only thing i found was knock code with screen on and double tap to on for HTC m8 and nexus 5.
can you tell the name of module?
yes, please tell the name. I've got a module when I tap the notification bar two times, the device locks, but couldn't find one like on the LG
Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
ROM : S5style_i8190XXANC2_v4 (by @Galaxy Mini)
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.1.0 (by @Android-Andi)
Kernel : Stock 3.0.31 ANC2
Baseband : I8190XXANC2
 
fafa77140
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 21
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Nemours

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shervinkh View Post
is there any chance to have the feature that new LG devices have (double tap on off screen to wake) on this device?
or it needs some hardware?
Install Knockr from PlayStore , it"s free : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gy.angs.knockr
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5866817_1.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to fafa77140 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shervinkh
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tehran
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafa77140 View Post
Install Knockr from PlayStore , it"s free : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gy.angs.knockr
screen on is working but not usable. with this app running a black (blank) activity opens on turning the screen on in my phone.
maybe they fix in later releases. its beta version.
 
tys0n
Old
#7  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1210
Posts: 1,967
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by shervinkh View Post
screen on is working but not usable. with this app running a black (blank) activity opens on turning the screen on in my phone.
maybe they fix in later releases. its beta version.
That is because there is no support in kernel to tap while screen is off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shervinkh
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tehran
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n View Post
That is because there is no support in kernel to tap while screen is off.
knockr has no problem turning on the screen. it turns off screen by making every pixel black (On AMOLED) so it can respond to double tap.
but when i double tap the screen turns on for a moment and then a blank(black) activity comes up so i have to press home button to close it.
i think that's a bug because knockr is a new beta app.
but yes i think full support like LG's need kernel support. maybe maclaw can make us a compatible kernel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more