Ask a question

No registration required

Cyanogen rom - not charging after drains out

OP serpentetdr

21st June 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
I have note 2 with twrp recovery installed. I flashed cyanogenmod 10.1.3 and i have 2 problems:
-1: after the battery drains completely, i plug the phone and the battery shows up but it doesn't fill up (no animation, just an empty battery that normally would fill up). I long press the power button but the phone doesn't turn on. I have to do the 3 button combo, to start into recovery so i can turn it on from there. So i can see that it charges but if the battery completely died, i cannot start the phone normally.
-2: i have 16 gb but the phone has only 10 available, total space is 10,46 to be exact. I know that it should have 13,... But i think i have to format it somehow because part of the memory is occupied like i was using a samsung rom.
Any solutions?
Thanks !
21st June 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,748

2,877 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentetdr

I have note 2 with twrp recovery installed. I flashed cyanogenmod 10.1.3 and i have 2 problems:
-1: after the battery drains completely, i plug the phone and the battery shows up but it doesn't fill up (no animation, just an empty battery that normally would fill up). I long press the power button but the phone doesn't turn on. I have to do the 3 button combo, to start into recovery so i can turn it on from there. So i can see that it charges but if the battery completely died, i cannot start the phone normally.
-2: i have 16 gb but the phone has only 10 available, total space is 10,46 to be exact. I know that it should have 13,... But i think i have to format it somehow because part of the memory is occupied like i was using a samsung rom.
Any solutions?
Thanks !

1) It's a known issue with CM/AOSP roms that when your charge your phone by powering it off or in your case battery was completely that charging animations dont show the battery charging just a stuck round circle in the middle but your phone is charging fine.So just let it charge for 10 mins or so to gain enough charge to boot into your system.To boot your phone from this charging mode unplug the charging cable from the phone and press and hold the power button for 10 seconds or more until screen goes black and you'll see your samsung note 2 logo,let the system boot and plug your charger back in.

2)Samsung by default has implemented 5.4 gb space out of 16gb to run the system.There's a MOD available in note II android development that decreases system partition by 1.9 gb so after flashing that mod you get 12+gb of free space.I'll re direct you to the thread so you can take a look at do the exact steps as described the person posting it.

How to gain 1.9gb
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread