FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] Updating a rooted galaxy note 2

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By ADMlNISTRATOR, Junior Member on 18th June 2014, 11:36 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
guys im confused on updating my rooted galaxy note 2

should i update it right away with the latest firmware then root it?

i'm completely lost on how to do this
 
 
19th June 2014, 06:58 AM |#2  
erljayp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMlNISTRATOR

i'm completely lost on how to do this

Rooted phones have their status set to "Custom" so you cannot update OTA.
What you can do is to download the stock rom from Sammobile and flash it using odin, then root it again.
P.s. Rooting triggers knox so warranty will be voided.
19th June 2014, 07:50 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erljayp

Rooted phones have their status set to "Custom" so you cannot update OTA.
What you can do is to download the stock rom from sammobile and flash it using odin, then root it again.
P.s. Rooting triggers knox so warranty will be voided.


thanks, but flashing it will delete all of the files installed?

if it does, do you have any recommendations for a backup software?
19th June 2014, 09:24 PM |#4  
verny94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMlNISTRATOR

thanks, but flashing it will delete all of the files installed?

if it does, do you have any recommendations for a backup software?

Flash stock rom via Odin. Its delete root. Root new version again and ->

You can use Titanium backup for aps and SMS backup for SMS. Contacts save on google acount
Last edited by verny94; 21st June 2014 at 08:28 PM.
19th June 2014, 09:39 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verny94

Flash stock rom via Odin. Delete root. Root new version again and ->

So i flash right away without deleting root first?

thanks
19th June 2014, 10:09 PM |#6  
verny94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMlNISTRATOR

So i flash right away without deleting root first?

thanks

1. Do backup
2. Flash stock ROM -> this procedure detele root automatically.
3. Root again restore backup
19th June 2014, 10:13 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verny94

1. Do backup
2. Flash stock ROM -> this procedure detele root automatically.
3. Root again restore backup

oh ok got it!

thanks
21st June 2014, 05:50 PM |#8  
swifter78neo's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Is this the best way to get my 4.3 rooted note 2 lte to 4.4?
Flash stock 4.4 rom from sammobile (which deletes root) and re root?
21st June 2014, 08:27 PM |#9  
verny94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verny94

Flash stock rom via Odin. Its delete root. Root new version again and ->

You can use Titanium backup for aps and SMS backup for SMS. Contacts save on google acount

As I say above
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes