Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Thinking about upgrading from gs4

Tip us?

ITALIANNYC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Thinking about upgrading from gs4

I cracked my gs4 screen. Everything works, just need to change it. I have insurance but I can get it fixed for 100 at a local store.

I called tmobile and they are willing to give me the gs5 for 207 down with tax included, and to take 60 off my 260 bill of what's left of the eip.

I know I can sell my gs4 for 200 even with cracked screen to cover it, so it seems like the better deal to just pick up the new gs5.

I do have major concerns though. I rely on wifi calling completely at home. The gs4 is the only phone I have had that was flawless and perfect with it. No delayed voice during calls, and hardly any missed calls. Texts come through quick on wifi and never had an issue.

Sadly I have been reading about such problems on the board with the gs5. So what's the verdict? How is wifi calling with the gs5? Is the delaye messaging solved?

Thanks guys

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALIANNYC View Post
Sadly I have been reading about such problems on the board with the gs5. So what's the verdict? How is wifi calling with the gs5? Is the delaye messaging solved?

Thanks guys
I have neither of those problems. Wifi calling works fine and no delay in sms or mms.

em0ney14
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Since switching from Verizon to tmobile, I rely heavily on wifi.

Works perfect here, only concern is if you plan on flashing roms and kernels to verify they are the t mobile variant and wifi calling works.

So far, infinity rom and allianceROM are the ones, and a few more to come soon. ......

T-Mobile Galaxy S5
The Following User Says Thank You to em0ney14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gridflash
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I have so many WiFi hot spots around me I hardly use the Tmobile data plan. The phone immediately remembers hot spots I've been in whether it's a grocery store, coffee shop or open routers in my neighborhood.
I love this phone.
And towel root won't trip your knox flag.

SeaFractor
Old
Thanks Meter 66
WiFi works great! Works well for me in the Seattle area.
Current: Samsung Galaxy S5, 16GB with stock ROM
Former iPhone 4 owner on ATT. Switched the week my contract was up to T-Mobile. w00t!
Former Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-T999, 16GB and 32GB miniSD card, T-mobile with stock ROM
Tablet(s): Google Nexus 10, 32GB with stock ROM, Google Nexus 7, 8GB with stock ROM

ITALIANNYC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Are you Guys experiencing the straight to voicemail phone calls while on wifi calling though?