Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone won't boot after flashing

Tip us?

Kacha13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Phone won't boot after flashing

Hello guys,

I hope somebody can help me with my problem.
I rooted my Z1 today and then decided to put CM11 on it. The rooting process was fine. I did towelroot and installed the dualrecovery that was recommended.
The problem was after flashing. The process itself seemed fine but after it was done the phone didn't boot. I also can't go into recovery again, which seems a bit strange... When I connect it with my computer Flashtool can detect the phone and it seems it disconnects and reconnects periodically (typical Windows sounds).
For Flashing I did use Philz Recovery I think and CM11 the latest nightly with the latest GApps.

What would you recommend?
Thanks for the help!

Best regards
Kacha13

Steve_max
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacha13 View Post
Hello guys,

I hope somebody can help me with my problem.
I rooted my Z1 today and then decided to put CM11 on it. The rooting process was fine. I did towelroot and installed the dualrecovery that was recommended.
The problem was after flashing. The process itself seemed fine but after it was done the phone didn't boot. I also can't go into recovery again, which seems a bit strange... When I connect it with my computer Flashtool can detect the phone and it seems it disconnects and reconnects periodically (typical Windows sounds).
For Flashing I did use Philz Recovery I think and CM11 the latest nightly with the latest GApps.

What would you recommend?
Thanks for the help!

Best regards
Kacha13
Quick sanity check: you've unlocked the bootloader, right? CM cannot run under a locked bootloader.

frank060272
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I guess you didn't unlock the bootloader therefor you cannot run cm only stock based roms

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
Xperia Z1 4.4.2
Samsung GalaxyTab2 P3110 CM11 Nightly built.

icefire7460
Old
Thanks Meter 2
CM 11 requires unlocked bootloader. Unlock bootloader allows users to install custom kernels that are necessary to boot CM 11. regardless the issue with your phone, if it still reacts to powering up, do the following steps to repair your phone

Do a hard reset. hold the power button and volume up key for 10 seconds,or until you feel 3 short vibrations.

Download sony update service and try to do a reinstallation of stock firmware.

this will remove root and all data with it. good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to icefire7460 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kacha13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Doesn't Towelroot unlock the bootloader? Or did I misunderstand something here?
I think I did the hard reset already accidentally. Will the Sony Update Service work if I wiped the previous system with the Recovery Tool?
I can't test it right now, only later that day.

But thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it!

Best regards
Kacha13

crzygrmn
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Towelroot does exactly what it's called, root your device.
It's not called towelunlockbootloader

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Free mobile app

chkrootkit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Did you manage to fix it?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Kacha13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefire7460 View Post
CM 11 requires unlocked bootloader. Unlock bootloader allows users to install custom kernels that are necessary to boot CM 11. regardless the issue with your phone, if it still reacts to powering up, do the following steps to repair your phone

Do a hard reset. hold the power button and volume up key for 10 seconds,or until you feel 3 short vibrations.

Download sony update service and try to do a reinstallation of stock firmware.

this will remove root and all data with it. good luck
You, sir, are awesome!
It's working fine again. Now, I need to do this step by step and unlock the bootloader before flashing CM.

Thank you again!

Best regards
Kacha13