Cyanogenmod for mediatek devices

Search This thread

syserr

Aug 16, 2012
Idaho
I admit that I'm kind of clueless as to what is needed to build for MediaTek.

"Open Source for Lenovo A2107" MT6575
http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/a-series/a2107-tablet

This is one of the MTK devices I have, so I'm compelled to figure out what I got. ;)

There readme below... it's if they are trying to help. (I'm totally beside myself as 2 years ago I asked over and over, shamed them on their public forums etc)
export PATH=~/Your_Toolchain_PATH/
for example /alps/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin$PATH

Build Command:

uboot
=====
1.TARGET_PRODUCT=lenovo75_a2_ics make lenovo75_a2_ics_confg
2.TARGET_PRODUCT=lenovo75_a2_ics make lenovo75_a2_ics

kernel
======
cd kernel directory
TARGET_PRODUCT=lenovo75_a2_ics MTK_ROOT_CUSTOM=../mediatek/custom/ make

======
Contact Lenovo support for information on obtaining Open Source code.

Last edited:

Grantius

Sep 6, 2013
Is there a master list of phones which have sources leaked? The thread is quite large and I was thinking of making one and posting it so it can make it easy for people to see if their device is being worked on.

Reactions: polfrank

kickban

Feb 17, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi 5
TCL Plex
Is there a master list of phones which have sources leaked? The thread is quite large and I was thinking of making one and posting it so it can make it easy for people to see if their device is being worked on.

that would be nice.. i'm always reading several threads to see if someone's working on Wiko Cink Peax 2.. but some of the threads have so many posts that it's not easy to follow..

RichardG867

Nov 6, 2013
If somebody is making a master list, take this piece of gold.

Motorola Razr D1 (MT6575) and D3 (MT6577) sources

Includes kernel and most of platform (excluding RIL if I remember right).

Said sources don't help much on the actual devices, since they have a locked bootloader. I got a combination of 2nd-init and the AMOI N821 4.2.2 ROM booting from SD card on my D1, but for some reason HWC hardware overlays are broken (screen doesn't refresh until hardware overlays are disabled) and OMX causes kernel panics... Everything else except for Bluetooth and FM works.

Last edited:

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
So, I'd like to clear this in my mind. I see everywhere tha MediaTek decided to release the source code. For my Cubot gt99 (mt6589), the possibility to see kitkat/cm11 or even cm10.1 is up to MediaTek or up to Cubot?

rameshsoma

Sep 29, 2012
hyderabad
guys i need a cyanogen mod for my celkon a97 device

the specifications of device are as follows
chipset: mtk6575
ram: 512
ROM: toal 4GB (user memory 2GB)
Os: released with Ginger bread now using 4.0.4 with a camera bug (Lewa os ported by prince mouli )

djhot143

Aug 28, 2012
Patna
Yes, it's true KK+proprietary shell VIBE from,Lenovo.here is the link,my friends!
http://bbs.lenovo.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=148927&extra=
if you make a port on a 6582 to 6589, we get almost the same as the СM10.2-11 can only be run 2sim, sound and wireless modules, but the camera and the accelerator's forget
But,on Lenovo site says that they will upgrade to Kitkat and smarts on MTK6589, such as P780
Hi, I tried to flash it using SP tool but getting Scatter file ERROR .How to solve it ?

Also tried to flash using stock recovery and TWRP recovery but found error to flash.

Plz help me.

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
Progress with CM11 :)

Since I'm done with my exams, I have messed with my Lenovo A3000 yet again and now ADB fully works. It's still stuck on the Lenovo bootlogo though... I already have some ideas, but I'm posting the logs here though... Thanks in advance.

kmsg
last_kmsg
dmesg
logcat

Attachments

• kmsg.txt
    293.3 KB · Views: 15
  • last_kmsg.txt
    7 KB · Views: 9
  • logcat+dmesg.zip
    132.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
Progress with CM11 :)

Since I'm done with my exams, I have messed with my Lenovo A3000 yet again and now ADB fully works. It's still stuck on the Lenovo bootlogo though... I already have some ideas, but I'm posting the logs here though... Thanks in advance.

kmsg
last_kmsg
dmesg
logcat

I could get this too but couldn't get logcat...

Regards
MasterAwesome

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Anyone already successfully compiled/booted rom or kernel for mt6592?
My kernel compiled fine, but didn't boot (although it was compiled within mediatek build system), it just loop the kernel splash, not even boot animation.
Compiling stock rom failed (for now) :confused:

Gesendet von meinem T0LTE mit Tapatalk 2

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
Anyone already successfully compiled/booted rom or kernel for mt6592?
My kernel compiled fine, but didn't boot (although it was compiled within mediatek build system), it just loop the kernel splash, not even boot animation.
Compiling stock rom failed (for now) :confused:

Gesendet von meinem T0LTE mit Tapatalk 2

I have the same problem with mt6577 guess the ramdisk is bad and is not Initializing the os.. Did you "insmod" all the modules in your init.rc? Try using the advanced meta.rc from stock ramdisk and modify it to make a init."ro.hardware.rc.

Regards
MasterAwesome

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, We are going to try something new for our china phones - cyanogenmod.

But we need some more devs to get everything going.

For now we have:

-Github tree for Lenovo P700i(mediatek 6577, android 4.0.4, kernel 3.0.8)

-Lens_flare - original port author(may work with system folder and configs)

-some kernel source from other devices like liquid gallant

The main problem is getting adb to work that could help a lot on remaining development. For now even zygote not starting, but all partitions seems mounted successfully.

We need more devs (especially that could assemble working kernel for device), working with p700i may lead to following porting for other mtk devices, as sources are nearly the same.
    Lollipop on MT6577

Hi there .

Just to let you know, that lollipop is now booting on ZTE v970 [MT6577- w/ ComBo-Chip MT6620]
    With my custom 3.4.67 KK Kernel + some cherry-picks from the new MTK 3.10.54 LL Kernel

Still very early, baseband is recognized , but still needs a lot more work on Telephony, Platform, etc.

;)

Regards
    More progress on this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467400

I have 3G data and incoming voice calls working now.

Next: kitkat.

Chris

Please hit the thx button. And please thank also dr shadow and xplodwild from omnirom.
    KitKat Sources MT6582 / 6592

Since my Cloud host, removed the sources,that i uploaded twice

Using MEGA now, should be on for some days..

Edit: no more source leaks, noobies will always be noobies
    I won't be sharing more source stuff

Learn to comply with GPL and respect others

Regards
    I'm working now since 1 day on CM13 and here the first screenshot on mt6592 :).