Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sim Unlock

Tip us?

jimonjigi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Sim Unlock

Hello, basically I brought my Huawei Y300 in England, and It was locked to the O2 Network there, and basically I have moved to Brazil, and since I have arrived I instaled Cyanogen mod 11. I want to unlock my phone and I have my unlock code and everything, but as I put a Brazilian sim card in it, there is no option to put the unlock code. Can anyone help me ?

heavy_metal_man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 678

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimonjigi View Post
Hello, basically I brought my Huawei Y300 in England, and It was locked to the O2 Network there, and basically I have moved to Brazil, and since I have arrived I instaled Cyanogen mod 11. I want to unlock my phone and I have my unlock code and everything, but as I put a Brazilian sim card in it, there is no option to put the unlock code. Can anyone help me ?
Its probably having an issue because its expecting a UK simcard in order to want a unlock code. Can you et someone from the UK to post you a spare simcard on another UK network?
Should that fail try find a phone unlock shop that can use hardware based methods.
Good luck

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....

jimonjigi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Basically I managed to re-install the stock rom in hope that I would be able to unlock it after I read this article, h t t p : / / w w w . m o d a c o . c o m / t o p i c / 3 6 7 8 0 6 - w a n t - t o - u n l o c k - y 3 0 0 - t o - w o r k - o n - a n y - c a r r i e r / [ / u r l ]
but in the end, I had the same problem.So is there an alternative way of unlocking my phone?