Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem flashing certain things using TWRP

Tip us?

DCVR 614
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Problem flashing certain things using TWRP

I was just on the MJ9 firmware had no problem flashing other roms using TWRP. I read that TWRP was having issues flashing ND7 and seen that using Philz was the best thing to use, so I downloaded Philz and saved it, uploaded it to my external SD card along with the other required files for ND7. Rebooted to the recovery formatted the internal storage,dalvik and cache. First thing I did was try to install Philz. I instantly got failed and this message "assert failed: getprop (ro.product.device") I thought it had something to do with the Kitkat update. But, then I read on the forum that one user was having trouble installing Philz also and the user installed the ND7 first then Philz and it installed. So, I decided to try that. The update installed just fine but Philz still gave me the same error. I decided to try to install the radio that gave me the same error. I already had Liquid smooth 4.4 downloaded on my SD card and that wouldn't flash either but the gapps installed. I have installed the newest version of TWRP still no luck. I can't even use Airdroid to transfer to either SD card or internal storage (Later found out its an app problem). What else can I do to get the ball rolling?
Attached Files
File Type: txt recovery.txt - [Click for QR Code] (13.3 KB, 2 views)

gr8nole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2263

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCVR 614 View Post
I was just on the MJ9 firmware had no problem flashing other roms using TWRP. I read that TWRP was having issues flashing ND7 and seen that using Philz was the best thing to use, so I downloaded Philz and saved it, uploaded it to my external SD card along with the other required files for ND7. Rebooted to the recovery formatted the internal storage,dalvik and cache. First thing I did was try to install Philz. I instantly got failed and this message "assert failed: getprop (ro.product.device") I thought it had something to do with the Kitkat update. But, then I read on the forum that one user was having trouble installing Philz also and the user installed the ND7 first then Philz and it installed. So, I decided to try that. The update installed just fine but Philz still gave me the same error. I decided to try to install the radio that gave me the same error. I already had Liquid smooth 4.4 downloaded on my SD card and that wouldn't flash either but the gapps installed. I have installed the newest version of TWRP still no luck. I can't even use Airdroid to transfer to either SD card or internal storage (Later found out its an app problem). What else can I do to get the ball rolling?
Seems like you still have the wrong TWRP for your device.

Here is a Philz Zip with the getprop asserts removed, so it should flash just fine in your current TWRP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip philz_touch_6.41.6-i605.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.89 MB, 4 views)
>>>>------;;;;----->

DCVR 614
Old
(Last edited by DCVR 614; 21st June 2014 at 10:36 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post

Here is a Philz Zip with the getprop asserts removed, so it should flash just fine in your current TWRP.
That installed and worked. The ND7 Radio also installed. How do I fix the getprop asserts?
Sounds great but...

Quote:
The major drawback of that route is that you will not be able to receive phone calls or text messages.
Am I missing something or does this make your phone fairly useless? 0_o.

DCVR 614
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Okay, I got liquid smooth installed along with the gapps. Thank you for all your help. What can I do to get this get props corrected?
Sounds great but...

Quote:
The major drawback of that route is that you will not be able to receive phone calls or text messages.

gr8nole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2263

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCVR 614 View Post
Okay, I got liquid smooth installed along with the gapps. Thank you for all your help. What can I do to get this get props corrected?
It is already fixed now that you have a proper i605 recovery installed.

Sent from my SCH-I605
>>>>------;;;;----->

DCVR 614
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
It is already fixed now that you have a proper i605 recovery installed.

Sent from my SCH-I605
OH! Thank you so much. I appreciate your help!
Sounds great but...

Quote: