Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,346 Members 47,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nandroid Backup Stuck on Boot Screen

Tip us?

ChuckFinley1992
Old
(Last edited by ChuckFinley1992; 15th June 2014 at 04:44 PM.) Reason: For some reason Sense 6 Toolbox now works properly. So two questions is now just one question.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nandroid Backup Stuck on Boot Screen

Hi all,

Yesterday I was flashing a theme for the Vemon ROM on the M8. I ended up deciding I didn't like it, so I tried to go back and flash a backup I had made. However, once I flashed the backup, the device wouldn't boot up past the HTC One white screen (it will go past the HTC logo by itself, but then the One appears on the screen and stops there). I have no idea why, as I have made backups before and have had no issues. On the default backup name, it does say KOH Release keys. I don't know if that means anything. I was able to get to recovery and flash the base Venom ROM, but I'd like to know why my backups are not playing nice.

Any and all help regarding this would be appreciated.

Evocm7
Old
Thanks Meter 345
Did you try wiping everything before restoring your backup?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

godhamba
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I had the same, exact issue. Absolutely no reason why it shouldn't have worked. I made sure the Nandroid copied the necessary partitions/directories and also performed a full wipe before restoring the backup. Same issue. I was on TWRP and I'm pretty sure there is some issue with TWRP.

I haven't attempted to make a backup or restore a Nandroid since, so I don't know whether its still an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckFinley1992 View Post
Hi all,

Yesterday I was flashing a theme for the Vemon ROM on the M8. I ended up deciding I didn't like it, so I tried to go back and flash a backup I had made. However, once I flashed the backup, the device wouldn't boot up past the HTC One white screen (it will go past the HTC logo by itself, but then the One appears on the screen and stops there). I have no idea why, as I have made backups before and have had no issues. On the default backup name, it does say KOH Release keys. I don't know if that means anything. I was able to get to recovery and flash the base Venom ROM, but I'd like to know why my backups are not playing nice.

Any and all help regarding this would be appreciated.
Try Copy with my referral link and you'll get 20GB instead of 15Gb, for life! It blows away Dropbox in every way.

ChuckFinley1992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried wiping everything yes. I did a factory reset data wipe first, and then tried installing the backup. I don't know why it did not work. I was eventually able to get out of the boot screen with an volume up and power key combination, but it was more frustrating not knowing why this issue was happening. If anyone knows why this is occurring, I would gladly like to know.