Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Can someone root and install recovery in south fl

OP marshall_634

21st June 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 989
 
3,240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall_634

Nope still no luck. The first time I ran SU it asked to bypass Samsung KNOX. Could that be the issue. I said yes to bypass.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Did it install the SU binaries before you saw the KNOX notification?
21st June 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plantation
Thanks Meter: 17
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

Did it install the SU binaries before you saw the KNOX notification?

It was in the middle of installing the binaries. So am I OK to install saftstrap recovery?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
21st June 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 989
 
3,240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall_634

It was in the middle of installing the binaries. So am I OK to install saftstrap recovery?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Try it and see if you can grant SU permissions when you open the app.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plantation
Thanks Meter: 17
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

Try it and see if you can grant SU permissions when you open the app.


It installed and I made a backup of the stock rom. But I saved it to my internal memory. Will that be affected when I install custom ROM.
21st June 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 989
 
3,240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall_634

It installed and I made a backup of the stock rom. But I saved it to my internal memory. Will that be affected when I install custom ROM.

It's best to place the backups on an external SDcard, that way if something happens and you need to flash a tar file in odin the backup is safe.

I'm glad you got it rooted, enjoy.
22nd June 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plantation
Thanks Meter: 17
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

It's best to place the backups on an external SDcard, that way if something happens and you need to flash a tar file in odin the backup is safe.

I'm glad you got it rooted, enjoy.

My phone is running soooo slow. Programs wont open and keep getting force close popups. How can I revert back to full stock not rooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes