Post Reply

[Q] Boot loop.

OP nobad

20th June 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Hi guys, i have a very strange problem with my Note 2 when trying to upgrade from Hurricane 4.3 to Phantom 4.4.2. or Dr Ketan Custom ROMV8 4.4.2.

No matter if i use TWRP latest or Phils latest recovery it just stop at Samsung logo.
I have tried with both Mj5 and Nd3 bootloader, both compatible with 4.4.2 and i do all the wiping needed before i flash.
Md5 is checked on all files.

I have tried this atleast 10 times but always ending up with nandroid back to Hurricane.
21st June 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #2  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,645
 
2,741 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobad

Hi guys, i have a very strange problem with my Note 2 when trying to upgrade from Hurricane 4.3 to Phantom 4.4.2. or Dr Ketan Custom ROMV8 4.4.2.

No matter if i use TWRP latest or Phils latest recovery it just stop at Samsung logo.
I have tried with both Mj5 and Nd3 bootloader, both compatible with 4.4.2 and i do all the wiping needed before i flash.
Md5 is checked on all files.

I have tried this atleast 10 times but always ending up with nandroid back to Hurricane.

In that case flash 4.4.2 stock rom , root it and then flash custom rom.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #3  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 850
 
1,515 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Just to be precise: Flash stock rom 4.4.2 as suggested and afterwards a custom recovery, both using Odin, no need to root. Then you can flash any rom you like
The Following User Says Thank You to Androidwizzard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

Just to be precise: Flash stock rom 4.4.2 as suggested and afterwards a custom recovery, both using Odin, no need to root. Then you can flash any rom you like

Thank you for your answer, can i flash any 4.4.2 ROM since no NEE (nordic countrys) out yet, France or Gremany per exemple?
21st June 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #5  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,645
 
2,741 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobad

Thank you for your answer, can i flash any 4.4.2 ROM since no NEE (nordic countrys) out yet, France or Gremany per exemple?

Yes you can.Only the modem version might be different so you might have to change that if you you experience slow data speeds and weak signal.But France has ND3 modem which i am using in India and no issues with network or data speeds so you should be okay too.
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

Yes you can.Only the modem version might be different so you might have to change that if you you experience slow data speeds and weak signal.But France has ND3 modem which i am using in India and no issues with network or data speeds so you should be okay too.

It did work, dont know why but now i could install any 4.4.2 ROMs
U guys did a great job helping me out here, i really appreciate it, many thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank