18th June 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93

841 posts
Yes
19th June 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 17

95 posts
Same issue here - applied Towelroot on an HTC One M8 (Verizon), root did not work, but battery drains considerably faster now (would estimate about 30% faster drain than before).
There is definitely something going on with the towelroot apk, I have not installed anything else.
19th June 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
master reset works like charm. battery got back to normal
19th June 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #14  

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourb

master reset works like charm. battery got back to normal

So I have to completely setup my phone again? I guess that's the price for being brave and trying new things
19th June 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #15  
Flag The Colony, TX
Thanks Meter: 146

907 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianl

So I have to completely setup my phone again? I guess that's the price for being brave and trying new things

Something's running rogue and keeping your CPU running high, which probably accounts for the heat. A hot phone wastes more energy, so you're getting hit twice. Did you try installing wakelock detector to hunt down the issue?
19th June 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #16  

11 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:

lol i guess so. Back up with kies that will help restoring apps and data.
21st June 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 47

604 posts
More
Haven't noticed any lag because of towel root. However installing xposed and xprivacy gave me unbearable lag. I had to Uninstall them and the phone went back to being smooth.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
21st June 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #18  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,343

5,537 posts
More
Quote:

Resetting to factory settings after towel root RETAINS root.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourb

lol i guess so. Back up with kies that will help restoring apps and data.

Or, since you are rooted, use an app lie Tibu to backup apps and data, and restore it after reset. Root survives factory reset.
21st June 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #19  

11 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Or, since you are rooted, use an app lie Tibu to backup apps and data, and restore it after reset. Root survives factory reset.

Thanks for the info friend. I already factory resetted and solved the battery drain issue.
22nd June 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #20  

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009

I am not rooted - towelroot doesn't seem to work on the HTC One M8 (Verizon).

I did a factory reset, but the battery still drains like a jug of beer on a summer day... down to 15% after 6 hours

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher3712

Something's running rogue and keeping your CPU running high, which probably accounts for the heat. A hot phone wastes more energy, so you're getting hit twice. Did you try installing wakelock detector to hunt down the issue?

Looked at wakelock detector, but that only runs on rooted KitKat phones. As mentioned before, Towelroot did not work on my HTC One M8...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread