Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 38,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA package rom

Tip us?
 
shakim24
Old
#1  
shakim24's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 1,804
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default OTA package rom

Looking for a OTA package rom so I can get updates instead of flashing ROMs. Anyone has a link, thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
thenameisnigel
Old
#2  
thenameisnigel's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 140
Posts: 92
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Seattle

 
DONATE TO ME
rwilco12.com has the ODIN flashable stock ROM

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
 
roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
#3  
roirraW "edor" ehT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,675
Posts: 3,316
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52333979

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
 
shakim24
Old
#4  
shakim24's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 1,804
Join Date: Mar 2011
Will this work with getting updates on custom ROMs?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
shakim24
Old
#5  
shakim24's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 1,804
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52333979

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Think I wasn't clear enough with my explanation. I'm running MIUI which updates every week through OTA updates. Instead on flashing a full ROM every week would like my phone set up where I can receive updates. This is where the OTA package comes in that I need. Have to make certain modifications along with a MIUI ROM and flash it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to shakim24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
#6  
roirraW "edor" ehT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,675
Posts: 3,316
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakim24 View Post
Think I wasn't clear enough with my explanation. I'm running MIUI which updates every week through OTA updates. Instead on flashing a full ROM every week would like my phone set up where I can receive updates. This is where the OTA package comes in that I need. Have to make certain modifications along with a MIUI ROM and flash it.
Hi again! Sorry I haven't really played with AOSP variants on this phone so I can't answer. Are you saying the MIUI ROM doesn't come already set up to do the automatic OTAs and that they don't tell you how to set it up that way in the ROM thread?

Hopefully someone who has experience with this can jump in here or they can answer in the MIUI thread unless you already tried that.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
 
shakim24
Old
#7  
shakim24's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 1,804
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Hi again! Sorry I haven't really played with AOSP variants on this phone so I can't answer. Are you saying the MIUI ROM doesn't come already set up to do the automatic OTAs and that they don't tell you how to set it up that way in the ROM thread?

Hopefully someone who has experience with this can jump in here or they can answer in the MIUI thread unless you already tried that.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
No it doesn't. Unless it gets modified during a port.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[OTA] Nvidia Shield Tablet Receives its First Update

The Nvidia Shield Tabletis the latest toy from one of the largest desktop graphics … more

Quick Control Panel Updated, Adds Notification Support

As some of you may remember, earlier this year we spoke about Quick Control Panel by … more

Narrate Makes Note Taking Efficient and Beautiful

Technology has put life on the fast track. Whether its travelling to multiple places or … more

Android App Review: How to Speed Up Your Android Phone – XDA Developer TV

Is your Android device running slow? Is your Android device … more