Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 38,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA package rom

Tip us?

shakim24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Default OTA package rom

Looking for a OTA package rom so I can get updates instead of flashing ROMs. Anyone has a link, thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thenameisnigel
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
rwilco12.com has the ODIN flashable stock ROM

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,675
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52333979

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

shakim24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Will this work with getting updates on custom ROMs?

shakim24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52333979

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Think I wasn't clear enough with my explanation. I'm running MIUI which updates every week through OTA updates. Instead on flashing a full ROM every week would like my phone set up where I can receive updates. This is where the OTA package comes in that I need. Have to make certain modifications along with a MIUI ROM and flash it.

The Following User Says Thank You to shakim24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakim24 View Post
Think I wasn't clear enough with my explanation. I'm running MIUI which updates every week through OTA updates. Instead on flashing a full ROM every week would like my phone set up where I can receive updates. This is where the OTA package comes in that I need. Have to make certain modifications along with a MIUI ROM and flash it.
Hi again! Sorry I haven't really played with AOSP variants on this phone so I can't answer. Are you saying the MIUI ROM doesn't come already set up to do the automatic OTAs and that they don't tell you how to set it up that way in the ROM thread?

Hopefully someone who has experience with this can jump in here or they can answer in the MIUI thread unless you already tried that.

shakim24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Hi again! Sorry I haven't really played with AOSP variants on this phone so I can't answer. Are you saying the MIUI ROM doesn't come already set up to do the automatic OTAs and that they don't tell you how to set it up that way in the ROM thread?

Hopefully someone who has experience with this can jump in here or they can answer in the MIUI thread unless you already tried that.

No it doesn't. Unless it gets modified during a port.