Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help unbricking a hard bricked Sprint GS3 (Yes, I did search already)

Tip us?

Rayz321
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Need help unbricking a hard bricked Sprint GS3 (Yes, I did search already)

Alright, so I bought a Sprint GS3 16GB that was on stock 4.4.2 with no roms or root.
I installed a custom recovery and CM11 and everything worked fine and dandy.
That was until I tried to activate the phone on FreedomPop and couldn't. (That's another story)
Then, stupid I, tried to to go back to stock using this method.
Now my phone is hard bricked.

Symptoms:
Won't power on
Red light if plugged in without battry.
If plugged into battery computer beeps but nothing shows in odin or anywhere else.
Can't boot to recovery or download mode.

What I have tried:
I read the first and last 200 posts from this thread: [GUIDE]Unbrick a Hard Bricked SPRINT Galaxy S3 (Without JTAG)
I tried using Cygwin, Win32Disk, and a laptop running Linux.
I've followed all the instructions step by step.
I tried using a 16GB Class 10 SanDisk Ultra microsd card, a 8GB, and a 2GB.
I tried using each of those cards with Win32DickImager, Cywin64, and Linux.
Each time I tried the debrick_sph_l710 image and another sprint image posted in thread I was reading.

The only thing I noticed that might be helpful is when I write the image to the SD card using linux or Cywin(muchhh slower) and I plug the phone into the computer windows doesn't beep at all. But as soon as I take the card out it will beep.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Note: I was thinking about getting one of these but someone said they won't help with a hardbrick.

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1319
I hate to say it, but others have been in the same situation, and there's likely no coming back. Minimum you'd have to send it somewhere for them to try to unbrick.

I don't think either method you linked to has helped in this particular kind of situation.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Rayz321
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
I hate to say it, but others have been in the same situation, and there's likely no coming back. Minimum you'd have to send it somewhere for them to try to unbrick.

I don't think that method you linked to had helped in this particular kind of situation.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Dang.... Can you recommend anyone? I looked on eBay and found a few cheap ones but I want to be safe.

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayz321 View Post
Dang.... Can you recommend anyone? I looked on eBay and found a few cheap ones but I want to be safe.
@tdunham can recommend one. 🙌 🆘 🙏

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 16033
www.mobiletechvideos.com
The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham View Post
Thanks, I'll record this URL this time so I don't have to keep asking, 😂!

Socomfort99
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayz321 View Post
Alright, so I bought a Sprint GS3 16GB that was on stock 4.4.2 with no roms or root.
I installed a custom recovery and CM11 and everything worked fine and dandy.
That was until I tried to activate the phone on FreedomPop and couldn't. (That's another story)
Then, stupid I, tried to to go back to stock using this method.
Now my phone is hard bricked.

Symptoms:
Won't power on
Red light if plugged in without battry.
If plugged into battery computer beeps but nothing shows in odin or anywhere else.
Can't boot to recovery or download mode.

What I have tried:
I read the first and last 200 posts from this thread: [GUIDE]Unbrick a Hard Bricked SPRINT Galaxy S3 (Without JTAG)
I tried using Cygwin, Win32Disk, and a laptop running Linux.
I've followed all the instructions step by step.
I tried using a 16GB Class 10 SanDisk Ultra microsd card, a 8GB, and a 2GB.
I tried using each of those cards with Win32DickImager, Cywin64, and Linux.
Each time I tried the debrick_sph_l710 image and another sprint image posted in thread I was reading.

The only thing I noticed that might be helpful is when I write the image to the SD card using linux or Cywin(muchhh slower) and I plug the phone into the computer windows doesn't beep at all. But as soon as I take the card out it will beep.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Note: I was thinking about getting one of these but someone said they won't help with a hardbrick.
Did you have any luck sending it off to fix the hardbrick? I'm in the same situation.

Rayz321
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socomfort99 View Post
Did you have any luck sending it off to fix the hardbrick? I'm in the same situation.
I didn't send it off. I found a guy that's about an hour away that will do it for $50 but I just haven't gone to him yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rayz321 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wyllem
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Info Please

Can a parttion table image be upload via the my computer screen shot and or any so i can see what it looks like so i can tell if it is written corectly because i think that is the problem im having mine just show a folder named image and within that there are a bunch of folders is this correct

see below

Any help is help thanks