[Q] Help! Bricked AT&T Galaxy S3 1747

OP marshall7678

22nd June 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Help! I rooted my Galaxy S3 about 3 months ago. I wanted to return it to stock without root so I could use the stock recovery and receive the new 4.4 OTA. I found a file online off a YouTube video that I thought was for my phone. I flashed it using mobile ODIN and when it powered back up, I had no mobile network and could not make or receive calls. I tried another file I downloaded and I installed from zip when I was in receovery and now the phone will not power up and does not have the light on when its connected to a charger. It seems to be dead.

I installed from zip because it kept failing when I tried to use ODIN on my computer.

How do I fix? Can it be fixed? I don't know anything about all the technical stuff such as modems, kernels, etc. I should have left it alone!

Any suggestions?

It's an AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747
22nd June 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 62

389 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall7678

Help! I rooted my Galaxy S3 about 3 months ago. I wanted to return it to stock without root so I could use the stock recovery and receive the new 4.4 OTA. I found a file online off a YouTube video that I thought was for my phone. I flashed it using mobile ODIN and when it powered back up, I had no mobile network and could not make or receive calls. I tried another file I downloaded and I installed from zip when I was in receovery and now the phone will not power up and does not have the light on when its connected to a charger. It seems to be dead.

I installed from zip because it kept failing when I tried to use ODIN on my computer.

How do I fix? Can it be fixed? I don't know anything about all the technical stuff such as modems, kernels, etc. I should have left it alone!

Any suggestions?

It's an AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747

sound like you've hard bricked your phone

here's the fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068 BE SURE TO READ IT THOROUGHLY
if that doesn't work for you, JTAG is your way out
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread