Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! Bricked AT&T Galaxy S3 1747

Tip us?

marshall7678
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help! Bricked AT&T Galaxy S3 1747

Help! I rooted my Galaxy S3 about 3 months ago. I wanted to return it to stock without root so I could use the stock recovery and receive the new 4.4 OTA. I found a file online off a YouTube video that I thought was for my phone. I flashed it using mobile ODIN and when it powered back up, I had no mobile network and could not make or receive calls. I tried another file I downloaded and I installed from zip when I was in receovery and now the phone will not power up and does not have the light on when its connected to a charger. It seems to be dead.

I installed from zip because it kept failing when I tried to use ODIN on my computer.

How do I fix? Can it be fixed? I don't know anything about all the technical stuff such as modems, kernels, etc. I should have left it alone!

Any suggestions?

It's an AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747

pcshano
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall7678 View Post
Help! I rooted my Galaxy S3 about 3 months ago. I wanted to return it to stock without root so I could use the stock recovery and receive the new 4.4 OTA. I found a file online off a YouTube video that I thought was for my phone. I flashed it using mobile ODIN and when it powered back up, I had no mobile network and could not make or receive calls. I tried another file I downloaded and I installed from zip when I was in receovery and now the phone will not power up and does not have the light on when its connected to a charger. It seems to be dead.

I installed from zip because it kept failing when I tried to use ODIN on my computer.

How do I fix? Can it be fixed? I don't know anything about all the technical stuff such as modems, kernels, etc. I should have left it alone!

Any suggestions?

It's an AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-1747
sound like you've hard bricked your phone

here's the fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068 BE SURE TO READ IT THOROUGHLY
if that doesn't work for you, JTAG is your way out
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 I747
Network: T-Mobile
Recovery: TWRP latest
Rom: some AOSP