spftbricked Telus S4

Search This thread

unsaddledhalo

Jun 20, 2014
So a few days ago i downloaded a rom for my Telus SGH-i337m which gave me apps and the features from the S5. I installed it and all that, but then it failed. So i tried to use my back up but it was corrupted as well. So I thought i can go online and find a stock image, i found many, but then I think i installed the image for a GT505 by accident. This gave me my software back but then i could't use my wifi or my data. So i found a proper SGH-i337m rom and installed it, my wifi came back but my data didnt. I thought it was because of the wrong modem, so i installed a few different modems and nothing worked. But today when i downloaded a different modem and installed it using odin mobile pro. It was installing and it rebooted, but then it got stuck there with the ODIN logo. I removed the battery and turned the phone on but not it says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue..... please connect to kies". I tried connecting to kies but couldn't.

if someone could provide me with fully stock firmware and modem with easy instructions i would appreciate it, I'm so cheesed of my phone not working now :mad:

Jchef

Aug 26, 2013
Did you have a custom recovery installed? Have you tried to go into recovery? Vol up home power. Make sure Samsung drivers are installed on your computer. Save a rom on your computer that you know works and place it on the sd card of your phone. Install rom. Try a stock rom version. Maple leaf by ib4stid would be a good one.

I just reread. Sorry I don't think my suggestion will help. Good luck.

Sent from Canadian i337m using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
If you can give smoe more information about if you have a custom recovery installed (which one), can you connect to PC and move files to the external sd card, which modem you have installed and does the phone boot at all?

The procedure should be, root... download rom, ensuring it is for the i337m and not the i337 (2 different models) install custom recovery (I like TWRP (shouold be version 2.6 or lower.. some suggest 2.5 see mapleleaf rom OP..... others use Philz recovery... I don't have any experience with that).... install rom... let it boot up and run for a few minutes... then if you dont have the proper modem install the NC1 modem found on this forum...(I never flash the nonhalos file) I like to use Odin PC rather than moblie Odin... make sure you take off auto reboot as the flash takes longer than Odin allows before rebooting... You may need to enter your APN settings in settings... wrong APN's will result in no data...

As for roms, I would start with Maple leaf and see what you think... If you need to go back to stock, sam mobile roms are all Bell so you will see some Bell software (not to worry) and you will need to enter your APN's... then you can install a custom rom... again can't stress enough to choose one that is for i337m

The other thing you want to watch is bootloader versions.... once you go up in versions.. you can't go back...

unsaddledhalo

Jun 20, 2014
Thanks for the help! I don't know how that I forgot the fact that I have a TelusS4 with a Wind sim in it, and cuz I formatted the phone and crashed the software, the bandwidths went to the stock Telus ones. But then I used a software and now I can use my wind sim on my phone! :)

Btw what are the best roms out there that look completely stock but provide tons of new features?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
Thanks for the help! I don't know how that I forgot the fact that I have a TelusS4 with a Wind sim in it, and cuz I formatted the phone and crashed the software, the bandwidths went to the stock Telus ones. But then I used a software and now I can use my wind sim on my phone! :)

Btw what are the best roms out there that look completely stock but provide tons of new features?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Stock roms, I use Mapleleaf, I have also tried Google Play edition by Danvh but went back to maple leaf. I take it you are now back to stock and rooted, before you flash a rom, make sure you do a backup of your current stock rom so you have a easy way to go back. Make sure you back up your imei files also... might come in handy some day... I did both a full backup plus a seperate back up og just the iemi file... like i said before.... if you entend on going backwards from 4.4.3 or 4.4.2 to anything else do not change your bootloader... before you flash a rom make sure it will not change your bootloader... if it is going to i suggest you unzip the rom, remove the bootloader file and rezip then flash... it is up to you though... there is no going backwards on bootloaders......