Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 48,229 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP!] Really low audio when recording video (kitkat)

Tip us?

brekfest
Old
(Last edited by brekfest; 21st June 2014 at 05:24 AM.) Reason: editing
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [HELP!] Really low audio when recording video (kitkat)

I switched from Sense to AOSP last week and while going back and reviewing my videos since then, I discovered that the audio is at a really low volume (basically inaudible unless you hold the speaker to your ear). This has been consistent across several 4.4 ROMs (CM11 m5, m7 and the most recent paranoid android) . Recording audio only isn't a problem, so I imagine it's not the hardware.

Is there anything else I can do other than switch back to sense? My baby daughter is becoming quite the talker and I hate that I don't have those moments from this week in a usable form.

tjhooker73
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I noticed that too but I may have been holding my hand over the mic.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

brekfest
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Interesting... Would you mind reporting back if you notice it again? I know its not a result of covering the mic on my end. I wonder if there is an app like viper4 android, that boosts input rather than output.

tjhooker73
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by brekfest View Post
Interesting... Would you mind reporting back if you notice it again? I know its not a result of covering the mic on my end. I wonder if there is an app like viper4 android, that boosts input rather than output.
Some FX programs turn it down FauxSound turns it almost all the way down on my phone.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk