OP David Caddick

22nd June 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
More
Hi All,

On a Telstra XT925 I have been on SlimRom 4.3 for some while now and for last 2 months or so I have been routinely backing this up with CWM and trying the various new 4.4.x builds but have *always* found the Location settings did not work at all. I also went as far as trying all manner of other apps to either help the GPS get a lock but in all cases it refused to recognize that there was a GPS at all or was not turned on, and this would not have been too bad if the WiFi location based side was working as a stop gap, but this also stubbornly refused to work so I kept reverting back to 4.3.

I'm not sure if this is just me, but this was the case for DHacker, CM11, SlimKat 4.4.2 + 4.4.3, RomFactory, that is until I tried Carbon Rom KK Nightly from 20-June-2014 from the moto_msm 8960 Build:
https://carbonrom.org/downloads/?dev...0&type=nightly

This is 4.4.4 and I'm happy that I did persevere because the GPS *IS* working on this. The Wifi location sensing is still not working which is something of a shame, but now I no longer consider this a deal breaker and can live with it. If anyone has any suggestions on how to troubleshoot or fix the Wifi Location issues I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers,
DaveC
22nd June 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 25

158 posts
More
and the reason you did not post this in the Carbon-Thread is....?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635769

can a mod please move this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, location aware, telstra, xt925
Previous Thread Next Thread