Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

very slow after a recent 4.4.3 update

Tip us?

EazyDuz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default very slow after a recent 4.4.3 update

My nexus 7 2012 is brderline unusable since this update. Very slow and laggy. Anyone else getting this? If I have to factory reset I feel I may as well put a new ROM on it and maybe over clock.
What's regarded as the fastest, most but free ROM out there?

tedr108
Old
(Last edited by tedr108; 22nd June 2014 at 04:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyDuz View Post
My nexus 7 2012 is brderline unusable since this update. Very slow and laggy. Anyone else getting this? If I have to factory reset I feel I may as well put a new ROM on it and maybe over clock.
What's regarded as the fastest, most but free ROM out there?
Assuming you have a reasonable amount of free storage on your Nexus 7 (Disk Info app works well for checking this -- data section), you might want to simply try wiping your cache partition in Recovery. Do not wipe anything else, just the cache partition. Then reboot.

If this does not work for you, you can download a free app named Forever Gone which appears to free up a lot of storage, though it was not built for that. If you do run it, write down the free storage amount before you start and check it after. I gained 2GB the first time I ran it!

There are other things you can try, but one of the above should do the trick for you.
Nexus 4 -- PLSX or OmniROM; Nexus 7 3G -- OmniROM; Asus TFP -- CM10.1; Kindle Fire -- CM11