Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*** How To Update From JB 4.3 To KK 4.4.2 On Verizon RETAIL NOTE 3 ***

Tip us?

Don_Pachuco
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, I got it rooted. Super user installed. I have all of these files on my SD card, but can't get safestrap installed. I can't see it. It shows in my app drawer cut I reinstalled it from 'my apps' in the play store. I want BajaROM not stock.

az_biker
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Pachuco View Post
Yeah, I got it rooted. Super user installed. I have all of these files on my SD card, but can't get safestrap installed. I can't see it. It shows in my app drawer cut I reinstalled it from 'my apps' in the play store. I want BajaROM not stock.
Install Safestrap like a normal app, once installed you go into the app and choose "install recovery" it's a two step process

Notorious 3

Don_Pachuco
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
I did and it says not installed

Don_Pachuco
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Any idea why, with any version of SafeStrap, I cannot boot into recovery through it? Is it because it was VZW's stock 4.4.2? I mean it's rooted, safestrap shows "recovery installed", but when I hit reboot into recovery, it just restarts like normal.

az_biker
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Pachuco View Post
Any idea why, with any version of SafeStrap, I cannot boot into recovery through it? Is it because it was VZW's stock 4.4.2? I mean it's rooted, safestrap shows "recovery installed", but when I hit reboot into recovery, it just restarts like normal.
I know with 4.4.2 you must use Safestrap 3.72. But not sure what else to try.

Notorious 3

killajerv129
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Did the phone already come with stock on it or did you install the 4.4.2 yourself

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bradleyem
Old
Thanks Meter 12
He said that he got a replacement phone tat already had it installed. Unfortunately he may be screwed until someone cracks the stock KitKat bootloader. I don't think it's possible to go back from stock KitKat yet

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Running Baja ROM 14
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Stock Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to bradleyem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Don_Pachuco
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyem View Post
He said that he got a replacement phone tat already had it installed. Unfortunately he may be screwed until someone cracks the stock KitKat bootloader. I don't think it's possible to go back from stock KitKat yet

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I got the original one working again, minus the VZW stock voicemail. I did add a different visual voicemail app to it to get by with. I can deal with it. THANKS everyone for all the helpful comments. If I could just do something about the darn thing constantly saying "no internet connection" when I have both wi-fi and mobile data turned on, and the stupid thing saying that wi-fi is connected in notification drop down, I'd be like 97% happy

Tags
4.4.2, kitkat, kitkat 4.4.2, kitkat update, update 4.3 to 4.4.2 on verizon retail note 3