Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 51,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moron of the year award, could use some help

Tip us?

BlueForce64
Old
(Last edited by BlueForce64; 22nd June 2014 at 01:19 AM.) Reason: More info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Moron of the year award, could use some help

Sooo.... I had the OTA to kitkat, lost my root, decided i wanted it back. Downgraded to 4.3 and rooted, safestrap all of that succesfully. Ran it for about 2-3 weeks, figured i'd go and follow the rest of the directions to get back to kitkat, turns out i messed it up good. I still have the nc5 build but the mk2 baseband and 4.3.

Now, whatever the heck i did, i tried a factory reset then tried to flash a stock 4.3 over it just to really clean it up, turns out, it didnt like that. Now kies will not even recognize the device, and when i tried surge's mk2 restore, it fails. I haven't been able to find a 4.4.2 stock to re-odin and try that. I obviously did search and still am searching at this moment but i must be blind or something.

Now i have a phone that says "firmware failed, please connect to kies and run a repair" or whatever. When i try to odin to the mk2, it says "sw rev. check fail : fused 6 binary 5" which i assume has something to do with the build number/bootloader for kitkat thats still on my phone. Am I screwed or is this recoverable? Thanks peoples.

I really need my phone for work. It's used numerous times to make calls because i'm in a service technician position. I can't go without it for even 1 weekday, if i can't get this figured out by sunday at noon, i will have to bite it and get a new phone. Cannot be phoneless on monday. It would literally cause me to lose my job.

joshuabg
Old
Thanks Meter 321

DONATE TO ME
Odin this full wipe http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

Sent from my OtterX running SlimKat 4.4.3 using Tapatalk
If you find this post helful, Click the "Thanks" button, Or if you really like what I have done you can click the "Donate to Me" button.

My works

The Following User Says Thank You to joshuabg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlueForce64
Old
(Last edited by BlueForce64; 22nd June 2014 at 02:07 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg View Post
Odin this full wipe http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

Sent from my OtterX running SlimKat 4.4.3 using Tapatalk
I've tried it about 4 times now, 1 time it got to about 80% done then failed at write for persdata or something of the sort. The other 3 times it stops within 10 seconds. I'm not sure what else to do. It doesn't seem like there is anything else i can do to be honest. I might be effed.

BlueForce64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
On try #21, still no go. Ugh

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForce64 View Post
On try #21, still no go. Ugh
Are you trying the same file over and over again? If so, maybe you got a bad download. Did you check the MD5 checksum to see if it matches? Maybe you could try downloading it again.

Sent from my NCC-1701
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
The Following User Says Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlueForce64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah i am, but it fails at different points. The same 3 different points though. I'll try to re-dl it and try again. Anything is worth a shot at this point. Otherwise someone can get a free broken s4 if they want lol

BlueForce64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Finally achieved success. It took about 40 times but it finally went through. The last 10 were tried with a new dl, i just didnt give up, the one time it worked i made sure i ran odin in administrator. I had an odin going without administrator so i loaded up a new one with it on and right when the 1st one failed i started the second one up and it had the blue progress bar go all the way to the right side of the screen and come back around through the left eventually running into itself, as soon as the progress bar began to overlap the screen it was also saying invalid response for bar length or something in the upper left text until that went down screen and started back on the top. In any case, woohoo it's working! Thanks guys, guess i won't need a new phone yet.