Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [Issue] Everything stops working instantly.

OP interestednoob

20th June 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Phone was fine, restarted - suddenly "Unfortunately <insert every app here> has stopped working"
Now I've checked a fair few threads and this seems to be related to internal storage being full however mine is not even within the usual warning area for storage (600mb remaining). What's more - I've formatted system and installed other roms with no luck. I can't access the phone via PC as any actions attempted from PC result in message "Can't complete <action> as phone is either disconnected or not responding" - of course it isnt responding...
I've attempted to fix permission through CWM to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas that don't involve full wipe - loss of data?

- I am/was using OMAR's roms and have tried switching between roms from as far back as December 2013.
- I have noticed that my phone keeps unusually large caches for some apps (i.e up to and above 50mb each) but at this moment in time I still have space remaining.

EDIT:
Factory reset does nothing to help.
Last edited by interestednoob; 20th June 2014 at 04:58 PM.
20th June 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Poděbrady
Thanks Meter: 62

253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestednoob

Phone was fine, restarted - suddenly "Unfortunately <insert every app here> has stopped working"
Now I've checked a fair few threads and this seems to be related to internal storage being full however mine is not even within the usual warning area for storage (600mb remaining). What's more - I've formatted system and installed other roms with no luck. I can't access the phone via PC as any actions attempted from PC result in message "Can't complete <action> as phone is either disconnected or not responding" - of course it isnt responding...
I've attempted to fix permission through CWM to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas that don't involve full wipe - loss of data?

- I am/was using OMAR's roms and have tried switching between roms from as far back as December 2013.
- I have noticed that my phone keeps unusually large caches for some apps (i.e up to and above 50mb each) but at this moment in time I still have space remaining.

EDIT:
Factory reset does nothing to help.

U can try to flash stock ROM by RSD lite.
22nd June 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I did this in the end, thanks.
Thread can be closed.

But does anyone know why this happened? I was literally in the middle of a YouTube video when it happened. Literally nothing had changed on my phone for days.

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread