Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,414 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Issue] Everything stops working instantly.

Tip us?

interestednoob
Old
(Last edited by interestednoob; 20th June 2014 at 03:58 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [Issue] Everything stops working instantly.

Phone was fine, restarted - suddenly "Unfortunately <insert every app here> has stopped working"
Now I've checked a fair few threads and this seems to be related to internal storage being full however mine is not even within the usual warning area for storage (600mb remaining). What's more - I've formatted system and installed other roms with no luck. I can't access the phone via PC as any actions attempted from PC result in message "Can't complete <action> as phone is either disconnected or not responding" - of course it isnt responding...
I've attempted to fix permission through CWM to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas that don't involve full wipe - loss of data?

- I am/was using OMAR's roms and have tried switching between roms from as far back as December 2013.
- I have noticed that my phone keeps unusually large caches for some apps (i.e up to and above 50mb each) but at this moment in time I still have space remaining.

EDIT:
Factory reset does nothing to help.

Lucki_X
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestednoob View Post
Phone was fine, restarted - suddenly "Unfortunately <insert every app here> has stopped working"
Now I've checked a fair few threads and this seems to be related to internal storage being full however mine is not even within the usual warning area for storage (600mb remaining). What's more - I've formatted system and installed other roms with no luck. I can't access the phone via PC as any actions attempted from PC result in message "Can't complete <action> as phone is either disconnected or not responding" - of course it isnt responding...
I've attempted to fix permission through CWM to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas that don't involve full wipe - loss of data?

- I am/was using OMAR's roms and have tried switching between roms from as far back as December 2013.
- I have noticed that my phone keeps unusually large caches for some apps (i.e up to and above 50mb each) but at this moment in time I still have space remaining.

EDIT:
Factory reset does nothing to help.
U can try to flash stock ROM by RSD lite.

interestednoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did this in the end, thanks.
Thread can be closed.

But does anyone know why this happened? I was literally in the middle of a YouTube video when it happened. Literally nothing had changed on my phone for days.

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Free mobile app