Root Verizon Note 10.1 2014 Edition (4.4.2) (Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery)
Succesfully Rooted Verizon Note 10.1 2014 Edition (4.4.2 KitKat) (Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery)
BIG credit to geohot
here's his original thread below
this is very simple, but don’t blame me if you break your tab. But feel free to ask me questions
1. Download SuperSU from market and install
i) Open SuperSu and install as normal. (it will say Knox, continue anyway!)
ii) It will fail, install, but don’t worry just reboot.
2) After reboot, install goehot’s root. Follow his links
and install the root..(at time of writing it should be volume 2)
3) After install, it will say reboot not needed…reboot anyway
4) Now test with root checker app.
5) Should be rooted at this point
I took other steps, but I think the above will get root going but in case it does not, here is other things I did before coming up with the above step.
a) Downloaded SuperSu from market, installed it
b) Opened SuperSu and installed with the recovery option
1. Place the ZIP package you want to install in the same location where you keep ADB drivers - adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll (usually it's SDK\platform-tools)
2. Make sure you have USB debugging enabled in Settings > Development on your device
3. Make sure your phone drivers are installed on the PC you're going to use
4. Boot your device in recovery mode (Android logo with a exclamation mark) and connect your device to PC
5. Hold down "power" button first, followed quickly by "volume up" button. You should now see the recovery menu
6. Use the volume up/down keys to select "apply update from ADB," then press power to select it
7. Open a command prompt on the PC (cmd.exe), type and confirm with ENTER:
8. cd /d <adb.exe location> (for example: cd /d c:\SDK\platform-tools) or you can open your SDK/platform-tools folder, then press SHIFT button and the right-click mouse button and choose “Open command prompt here”
9. adb sideload <filename>.zip (for example: adb sideload update.zip)
10. The zip package will begin installing. When it's done, select "reboot system now."
i) This will end up in a fail. But reboot the system
ii) Now download Geohot’s root. Root the device
iv) Test with root checker app
I've tested Xposed and it works
adaway 2.8.1 also works (no more ads)