Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

How I get Galaxy S5 Flex...

OP onim21

20th June 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 134

857 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyxter

my thoughts also. I bet it melted during charge.

YOU MEAN THIS IS A DAMN DEFECT?!?! EWW I don't want my phone looking all corroded and melty! its gonna smell like string bean cigarettes

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
20th June 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 11

68 posts
More
Then get the original charging cover, it's that simple
20th June 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 85

371 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onim21

Hello guys. I want to warn you before setting QI wireless charger adapter in original cover / housing. Another you will get Galaxy S5 Flex, like me.

I hope that it will get back in few hrs...

I've been using a QI wireless charging pad for a couple of weeks without any problem. As another user posted, the only effect I've noticed is a slight bulge in the back panel. It doesn't get especially hot (although it does warm a little more than with USB charging.)

The only other thing is that I've got a wallet case on my phone and charge through that (so there's some plastic between the phone and charging plate.)
21st June 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 41

142 posts
More
I have the expower ultra thin card and in the instructions it tells you to remove the copper screening sticker from inside the original back plate as it causes extra heat when charging. Its a bitch to peel off as well. Gets warm but not enough to bend my phone by any means and it charges fine through my defender case there's no noticeable bulge in the back plate either. If i want to put it in water i'll throw an otterbox preserver on it.
Last edited by nexy33; 21st June 2014 at 02:30 AM. Reason: picture
The Following User Says Thank You to nexy33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 85

371 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexy33

I have the expower ultra thin card and in the instructions it tells you to remove the copper screening sticker from inside the original back plate as it causes extra heat when charging. Its a bitch to peel off as well. Gets warm but not enough to bend my phone by any means and it charges fine through my defender case there's no noticeable bulge in the back plate either. If i want to put it in water i'll throw an otterbox preserver on it.

Removed the copper sticker to see if it makes any difference. My phone doesn't get any warmer than when charging via USB now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread