Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How I get Galaxy S5 Flex...

Tip us?

Slicktune
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyxter View Post
my thoughts also. I bet it melted during charge.
YOU MEAN THIS IS A DAMN DEFECT?!?! EWW I don't want my phone looking all corroded and melty! its gonna smell like string bean cigarettes

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Aradfan
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Then get the original charging cover, it's that simple

emuX
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by onim21 View Post
Hello guys. I want to warn you before setting QI wireless charger adapter in original cover / housing. Another you will get Galaxy S5 Flex, like me.

I hope that it will get back in few hrs...
I've been using a QI wireless charging pad for a couple of weeks without any problem. As another user posted, the only effect I've noticed is a slight bulge in the back panel. It doesn't get especially hot (although it does warm a little more than with USB charging.)

The only other thing is that I've got a wallet case on my phone and charge through that (so there's some plastic between the phone and charging plate.)

nexy33
Old
(Last edited by nexy33; 21st June 2014 at 02:30 AM.) Reason: picture
Thanks Meter 41
I have the expower ultra thin card and in the instructions it tells you to remove the copper screening sticker from inside the original back plate as it causes extra heat when charging. Its a bitch to peel off as well. Gets warm but not enough to bend my phone by any means and it charges fine through my defender case there's no noticeable bulge in the back plate either. If i want to put it in water i'll throw an otterbox preserver on it.
Currently Stock on until theres a way to reset knox or warranty expires.
Model: SM-G900F
Version: Android 4.4.2
Product Code: BTU
PDA: G900FXXU1ANE2
CSC: G900FOXA1ANE2
MODEM: G900FXXU1ANE2
The Following User Says Thank You to nexy33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emuX
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexy33 View Post
I have the expower ultra thin card and in the instructions it tells you to remove the copper screening sticker from inside the original back plate as it causes extra heat when charging. Its a bitch to peel off as well. Gets warm but not enough to bend my phone by any means and it charges fine through my defender case there's no noticeable bulge in the back plate either. If i want to put it in water i'll throw an otterbox preserver on it.
Removed the copper sticker to see if it makes any difference. My phone doesn't get any warmer than when charging via USB now.