Ask a question

No registration required

Probably moving to a different Galaxy Note 8

OP newrkv

19th June 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Hey everyone, I have a simple question. I currently have the I467, which is horrible because ATT apparently locks down the bootloaders on their tablets, so I am thinking about moving to the N5100 instead. Does anyone know if that tablet version would work on ATT's network?

I like the Note 8, but not the version I bought from ATT since it has a locked bootloader.
19th June 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Duluth
Thanks Meter: 105

1,056 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrkv

Hey everyone, I have a simple question. I currently have the I467, which is horrible because ATT apparently locks down the bootloaders on their tablets, so I am thinking about moving to the N5100 instead. Does anyone know if that tablet version would work on ATT's network?

I like the Note 8, but not the version I bought from ATT since it has a locked bootloader.

You probably mean the 3G version (GT-N5100). Yes it will work. No, AT&T does not have a fast HSPA+ network.
22nd June 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 23

89 posts
I use an N5100 as my primary phone on AT&T. It's not LTE, and in my area I see download speeds in the 5-7 Mbps. I have no complaints. The phone will also work on T-Mobile's network.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread