Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 43,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odin Complete(Write) operation failed

Tip us?

leaf68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Odin Complete(Write) operation failed

I followed the instructions on (youtube DOT com SLASH watch?v=SpHZ2n9lTcs) this YouTube video to install CyanogenMod on my AT&T Galaxy S4. I flashed the CWM using Recovery Tools, then when it rebooted it wouldn't boot into recover (it would say "System software not authrized by AT&T") so I downloaded Odin and tried flashing it from there but I get the following messages:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

On the phone screen is the Download mode page with the message at the top
start[224,1440]
secure magiccode check fail : recovery

Could someone please help me complete the installation or at least revert back to stock? I can't use my phone at all now

ted77usa
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 3,416

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf68 View Post
I followed the instructions on (youtube DOT com SLASH watch?v=SpHZ2n9lTcs) this YouTube video to install CyanogenMod on my AT&T Galaxy S4. I flashed the CWM using Recovery Tools, then when it rebooted it wouldn't boot into recover (it would say "System software not authrized by AT&T") so I downloaded Odin and tried flashing it from there but I get the following messages:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

On the phone screen is the Download mode page with the message at the top
start[224,1440]
secure magiccode check fail : recovery
Could someone please help me complete the installation or at least revert back to stock? I can't use my phone at all now

@leaf68 I'm guessing that u are on either MF3 or MK2,since u bricked trying to flash CWM recovery.Try flashing these via ODIN MF3.tar or u can follow my latest MK2.tar.Check post#2 for guide on how to.....GOODLUCK......

leaf68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa View Post
@leaf68 I'm guessing that u are on either MF3 or MK2,since u bricked trying to flash CWM recovery.Try flashing these via ODIN MF3.tar or u can follow my latest MK2.tar.Check post#2 for guide on how to.....GOODLUCK......
Thank you very much for your response. Right before you posted this, I plugged my phone into my laptop and despite doing this multiple dozen times, it actually booted out of nowhere. Thanks again and I'll hold on to the files in case I need them in the future

diogomitsuda
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default yes!

Finally got personal!
It was my USB cable that changed with the Moto X and now worked (S4 Cable sucks anyway!)

Who have some problem there are several possibilities! Do the following.

Test all kinds of Odin, but before connecting first add the file;
If you get caught try to install a recovery may be the "philz_touch_6.44.8-jflte.tar.md5" or "openrecovery-TWRP-2.7.1.0-jfltexx.tar";
If you do not give change the USB port of your PC;
If it persists, replace the USB cable;

That's what I did and it worked guys because of USB CABLE! kkkkkk