No registration required

Digitizer shattered

OP and313

21st June 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 641

1,994 posts
More
Has anyone replaced the digitizer on the hox? If yes what glue did you use?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #2  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by and313

Has anyone replaced the digitizer on the hox? If yes what glue did you use?

Hi,
Have never had much luck replacing the digitizer only, mainly due to the fact that the LCD is bonded to the digitizer and by replacing the digitizer only I have found that you can get dust between glass and LCD. If this doesnt bother you I've found that any instant adhesive is ok but use the smallest amount in the corners and in the middle of the longest edge - again dont use too much or it will run under the glass when you press edges down and will be visible. I have found it is best to buy a LCD/Digitizer combo with a midframe which comes with new 3M adhesive but you may need to use instant adhesive as the digitizer can separate from the frame later
22nd June 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 641

1,994 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhughes

Hi,
Have never had much luck replacing the digitizer only, mainly due to the fact that the LCD is bonded to the digitizer and by replacing the digitizer only I have found that you can get dust between glass and LCD. If this doesnt bother you I've found that any instant adhesive is ok but use the smallest amount in the corners and in the middle of the longest edge - again dont use too much or it will run under the glass when you press edges down and will be visible. I have found it is best to buy a LCD/Digitizer combo with a midframe which comes with new 3M adhesive but you may need to use instant adhesive as the digitizer can separate from the frame later

tnx for the answer. i will take it apart, clean it and take it to a shop so they glue it together again... they should clean what i missed that way at least i hope so

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread