[Q] Fluctuating and dropping wifi???

OP Dom42

22nd June 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

35 posts
More
Hi, im having issues with my optimus, basically the wifi signal fluctuates like hell all the time. This happens whether im close or far from the router, with my hand over the antenna or carefully picking it from the side, no matter what I do, even if im in the same room just a meter away from my router both the wifi bars and a wifi app like Wifi Analyzer will show the signal will go from like -60db to -90db or more for absolutely no reason and go back to normal for no reason again. Of course if im downloading some file, streaming music or watching a vid they´ll cut. Also ive noticed the wifi icon briefly cutting for half a second or less. This is the first time I have this happening to me (it seems it happens to the Nexus 4 too), previous phones would have stronger or weaker signal but they were all constant.

I already ticked the deactive power saving/optimize mode on wifi settings, I already tried setting the frequency band to only 2.4ghz, I already tried changing my router channel to one less congested, I always do clean installs when changin roms. Nothing seems to work. This has been happening on CM10.1, 10.2 and 11 and pretty much every non stock or aosp based rom. Kernel and radio combinations seem to have little effect on speed but they all end dropping and stagnating at some point anyway.

Any idea? Isnt there like a wifi config file I could play with? I dont want to use stock based roms ;_;
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread