Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,482 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] your device has been modified!

Tip us?
 
kokoro18
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 34
Join Date: Aug 2013
Question [q] your device has been modified!

Help! I've reset the flash counter through Triangle Away, unrooted my phone, and even flashed stock rom to my Note 3, but still getting this message: "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available." When I'm trying to update my Note 3. How to fix this? Sorry for noob question.
 
Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 22nd June 2014 at 09:47 AM.)
#2  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2251
Posts: 4,396
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoro18 View Post
Help! I've reset the flash counter through Triangle Away, unrooted my phone, and even flashed stock rom to my Note 3, but still getting this message: "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available." When I'm trying to update my Note 3. How to fix this? Sorry for noob question.
When you flashed the stock rom was it the ODIN flash rom which can be found and
downloaded from http://SamMobile.com ?

There are a lot of twrp/cwm flashable stock roms but if you want to make your phone stock
so it can get OTA updates the stock official rom must be the odin flash type and you need to
un-install root then do a full wipe before odin flashing the official stock rom.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).



 
kokoro18
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 34
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
When you flashed the stock rom was it the ODIN flash rom which can be found and
downloaded from http://SamMobile.com ?
There are a lot of twrp/cwm flashable stock roms but if you want to make your phone stock
so it can get OTA updates the stock official rom must be the odin flash type and you need to
do a full wipe before flashing the official stock odin flash rom before odin'ing.

Good luck!
Yes, I've flashed the stock rom through odin which I have downloaded from sammobile and did a full wipe. Still no luck. Help please!
 
MystaMagoo
Old
#4  
MystaMagoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 1,046
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoro18 View Post
Yes, I've flashed the stock rom through odin which I have downloaded from sammobile and did a full wipe. Still no luck. Help please!
what is it your trying to update?
if your knox is tripped you won't be able to update through OTA afaik
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes