[Q] Phone not booting correctly, installed a ROM incorrectly

OP TheCottonKid

22nd June 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 320

1,117 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCottonKid

Today I was finally able to get my phone rooted, install SafeStrap and get into TouchWiz. Thing is, I dislike TouchWiz so I downloaded CyanogenMod for note 3. I put the CyanogenMod zip in my downloads folder on my Note 3. I went into safestrap, clicked install, found the .zip and swiped to flash. After that finished I clicked reboot and I got black screened. I then took the battery out and then the **** hit the fan. I booted the device and the SafeStrap splash screen came up along with the stock bootloader android bot image and my screen was displaying all of these colors and tripping acid. I now have taken the battery out and am hoping I can save my device. For some information on the device, It's a Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon running 4.4.2 rooted. I cant even get into ODIN mode... I've been getting tons of views and no reply's so that's leading me to believe it's something major. If it is please don't be afraid to respond and if you need a clearer explanation please PM me so I can get this fixed. I need my phone for work and I picked a really bad time to start tinkering with my phone haha. Thank you so much for reading!

You must clarify if you can get into download (Odin) mode:

- if you can not there is some major flash corruption going on, not much you can do

- if you can get into download mode you need to write your stock ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread