Dreaded Decryption Code, Wiped Phone, Now Stock RUU Won't Install (ATT)

21st June 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 5

1,264 posts
Last night I installed the newest version of sense as my OTA wasn't working with CMW. So, tonight my device restarted on its own and I was stuck with Decryption Code after splash screen. I searched for solutions for this and did not come across any clear cut solutions. I was able to wipe my device clean. Relocked the phone and tried installing stock Sense 5.5 ruu. My PC (win7) with updated drivers, recognizes my device when I search for "Fastboot Devices" in cmd. I downloaded a stock ATT ruu. It gets 5% (checking header) into the update then I receive an error HTC_Fastboot has stopped working. I attempted different usb ports, restarted my system, and tried an earlier version of ruu.

Here is what I see in Bootloader:

Tampered
Relocked
security warning

M7_UL PVT Ship S-ON
HBoot- 1.55
Radio 4T.20.3218.xx

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to put my device on S-off?
Last edited by redbandana; 21st June 2014 at 10:16 AM.
21st June 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 418

1,731 posts
What is output of fastboot getvar all?
21st June 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

1,264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbandana

Last night I installed the newest version of sense as my OTA wasn't working with CMW. So, tonight my device restarted on its own and I was stuck with Decryption Code after splash screen. I searched for solutions for this and did not come across any clear cut solutions. I was able to wipe my device clean. Relocked the phone and tried installing stock Sense 5.5 ruu. My PC (win7) with updated drivers, recognizes my device when I search for "Fastboot Devices" in cmd. I downloaded a stock ATT ruu. It gets 5% (checking header) into the update then I receive an error HTC_Fastboot has stopped working. I attempted different usb ports, restarted my system, and tried an earlier version of ruu.

Here is what I see in Bootloader:

Tampered
Relocked
security warning

M7_UL PVT Ship S-ON
HBoot- 1.55
Radio 4T.20.3218.xx

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to put my device on S-off?

Solution: Needed to find the exact same rom image the device was shipped with. This was the only way to bypass the fastboot error. All I know that decryption password was hell.
21st June 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 363

1,389 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbandana

Solution: Needed to find the exact same rom image the device was shipped with. This was the only way to bypass the fastboot error. All I know that decryption password was hell.

sense 5.5 ruu give this issue much
So you can go this way
Unlocking boot loader
Install custom recovery
Install root
Firewater S Off
Flash old ruu like 4.3 or 4.2.2
Decryption password is password entered for phone storage encryption
I can guess factory reset can remove that give it a try

from HTC One
22nd June 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

1,264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatindroid

sense 5.5 ruu give this issue much
So you can go this way
Unlocking boot loader
Install custom recovery
Install root
Firewater S Off
Flash old ruu like 4.3 or 4.2.2
Decryption password is password entered for phone storage encryption
I can guess factory reset can remove that give it a try

from HTC One

no, See link to understand "Type password to decrypt storage". There are multiple issues with this and no clear cut way to fix it. Everywhere I read people had different solutions or no solutions at all. Factory resets does not always fix the issue. Thank you for your reply though. I basically had to remove everything img from my phone and start from scratch. My bootloader was unlocked and I was rooted. I had to reverse the root and bootloader back to stock and flash the same ruu the phone was shipped with.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2749625
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread