Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,198 Members 44,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disabling Stock apps?

Tip us?

kris234
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Disabling Stock apps?

Hey guys i have the n8010 And i wanted to disable some of the stock apps like Google+ Google Games and so on.. but in App Manager it appears only the options Force Stop, Uninstall updates, Clear data/cache. I did disable them on my HTC device but here i cant...
Im running full stock and 4.1.2 Android, Shouldnt I be able to update to a further one or it isnt released yet?
Thanks

Joey22688
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
you are going to need root to freeze or uninstall the system apps
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013: UEUCMI3 - 4.1.2, SuperSU, TWRP, 16GB Internal + 32GB External, Deep Grey, Samung Book Cover Case
Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535: VRUCML1 - 4.3, Unlocked, SuperSU, TWRP, 16GB Internal + 32GB External, Pebble Blue, OtterBox Commuter Case
Acer Iconia Tab A500 10S16U: OmniROM - 4.4.4, SuperSU, TWRP, 16GB Internal + 8GB External, Acer Portfolio Case
The Following User Says Thank You to Joey22688 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coyoteelabs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You have to uninstall the updates first. After that, the "Uninstall Updates" button will show "Disable" and you'll be able to disable them
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000

enigma_x
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey22688 View Post
you are going to need root to freeze or uninstall the system apps
They can be simply disabled without root as it was said by coyoteelab. But cannot be uninstalled. When they are disabled they dont start.

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)

kris234
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma_x View Post
They can be simply disabled without root as it was said by coyoteelab. But cannot be uninstalled. When they are disabled they dont start.

how can i disable them?

enigma_x
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris234 View Post
how can i disable them?
As coyteelabs said... go to settings - applications - all apps - select the app you want to disable. Then..

1. If necessary, uninstall update first (select uninstall updates)
2. Then click disable (for some apps you need to uninstall updates first before you can disable them).

The Following User Says Thank You to enigma_x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kris234
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma_x View Post
As coyteelabs said... go to settings - applications - all apps - select the app you want to disable. Then..

1. If necessary, uninstall update first (select uninstall updates)
2. Then click disable (for some apps you need to uninstall updates first before you can disable them).

Thank You ! It worked i disabled those many unecessery stock apps ;D