FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Disabling Stock apps?

130 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By kris234, Senior Member on 15th June 2014, 04:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys i have the n8010 And i wanted to disable some of the stock apps like Google+ Google Games and so on.. but in App Manager it appears only the options Force Stop, Uninstall updates, Clear data/cache. I did disable them on my HTC device but here i cant...
Im running full stock and 4.1.2 Android, Shouldnt I be able to update to a further one or it isnt released yet?
Thanks
 
 
16th June 2014, 05:30 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 22
 
Donate to Me
More
you are going to need root to freeze or uninstall the system apps
The Following User Says Thank You to Joey22688 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 11:12 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
You have to uninstall the updates first. After that, the "Uninstall Updates" button will show "Disable" and you'll be able to disable them
20th June 2014, 12:15 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey22688

you are going to need root to freeze or uninstall the system apps

They can be simply disabled without root as it was said by coyoteelab. But cannot be uninstalled. When they are disabled they dont start.

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)
21st June 2014, 08:39 PM |#5  
kris234's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma_x

They can be simply disabled without root as it was said by coyoteelab. But cannot be uninstalled. When they are disabled they dont start.

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)

how can i disable them?
21st June 2014, 08:42 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris234

how can i disable them?

As coyteelabs said... go to settings - applications - all apps - select the app you want to disable. Then..

1. If necessary, uninstall update first (select uninstall updates)
2. Then click disable (for some apps you need to uninstall updates first before you can disable them).

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)
The Following User Says Thank You to enigma_x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 10:55 AM |#7  
kris234's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma_x

As coyteelabs said... go to settings - applications - all apps - select the app you want to disable. Then..

1. If necessary, uninstall update first (select uninstall updates)
2. Then click disable (for some apps you need to uninstall updates first before you can disable them).

Sent from my phone - Note 10.1 (N8000)

Thank You ! It worked i disabled those many unecessery stock apps ;D
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes