No registration required

[Q] Recreating the internal partition table

OP squiglydrive

21st June 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello

I've wiped the entire storage(all 27G) and I need some help with what partitions to create there.
ClockworkMod 6.0.4.8 is running.
I can set up the partitions either using "adb shell" and fdisk or fdisk from my computer(when the drive is exposed using the "mount usb" in recovery)

Now the questions is what partitions do I create, type and sizes?

Perhaps someone could use "adb shell" and run "fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0" and post the output here?

My plan is to install cyanogenmod once clockworkdmod can mount /storage/storage0
21st June 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 622

2,024 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiglydrive

Hello

I've wiped the entire storage(all 27G) and I need some help with what partitions to create there.
ClockworkMod 6.0.4.8 is running.
I can set up the partitions either using "adb shell" and fdisk or fdisk from my computer(when the drive is exposed using the "mount usb" in recovery)

Now the questions is what partitions do I create, type and sizes?

Perhaps someone could use "adb shell" and run "fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0" and post the output here?

My plan is to install cyanogenmod once clockworkdmod can mount /storage/storage0

Install Philz 5.15.9 and mount sd card on latest CWM the mount of SD storage not working. Install philz 5.15.9 mount sd card copy what you need then flash CWM 6.0.4.8 then install CM11. No need to repartitioning the sd card
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant

Install Philz 5.15.9 and mount sd card on latest CWM the mount of SD storage not working. Install philz 5.15.9 mount sd card copy what you need then flash CWM 6.0.4.8 then install CM11. No need to repartitioning the sd card

Sorry I meant that the partition table is gone/empty , so by repartitioning I meant create the partitions that are not there anymore.
SD can't be mounted because there is no partition right now to mount.
I guess ClockworkMod would be able to mount once the correct partition is there.
22nd June 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 622

2,024 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiglydrive

Sorry I meant that the partition table is gone/empty , so by repartitioning I meant create the partitions that are not there anymore.
SD can't be mounted because there is no partition right now to mount.
I guess ClockworkMod would be able to mount once the correct partition is there.

I read somwhere the TWRP2.7.1 can do this try flash it and format sd card from TWRP
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread