Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 39,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recreating the internal partition table

Tip us?
 
squiglydrive
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drive [Q] Recreating the internal partition table

Hello

I've wiped the entire storage(all 27G) and I need some help with what partitions to create there.
ClockworkMod 6.0.4.8 is running.
I can set up the partitions either using "adb shell" and fdisk or fdisk from my computer(when the drive is exposed using the "mount usb" in recovery)

Now the questions is what partitions do I create, type and sizes?

Perhaps someone could use "adb shell" and run "fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0" and post the output here?

My plan is to install cyanogenmod once clockworkdmod can mount /storage/storage0
 
Thant
Old
#2  
Thant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 488
Posts: 1,518
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sofia
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiglydrive View Post
Hello

I've wiped the entire storage(all 27G) and I need some help with what partitions to create there.
ClockworkMod 6.0.4.8 is running.
I can set up the partitions either using "adb shell" and fdisk or fdisk from my computer(when the drive is exposed using the "mount usb" in recovery)

Now the questions is what partitions do I create, type and sizes?

Perhaps someone could use "adb shell" and run "fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0" and post the output here?

My plan is to install cyanogenmod once clockworkdmod can mount /storage/storage0
Install Philz 5.15.9 and mount sd card on latest CWM the mount of SD storage not working. Install philz 5.15.9 mount sd card copy what you need then flash CWM 6.0.4.8 then install CM11. No need to repartitioning the sd card
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
squiglydrive
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
Install Philz 5.15.9 and mount sd card on latest CWM the mount of SD storage not working. Install philz 5.15.9 mount sd card copy what you need then flash CWM 6.0.4.8 then install CM11. No need to repartitioning the sd card
Sorry I meant that the partition table is gone/empty , so by repartitioning I meant create the partitions that are not there anymore.
SD can't be mounted because there is no partition right now to mount.
I guess ClockworkMod would be able to mount once the correct partition is there.
 
Thant
Old
#4  
Thant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 488
Posts: 1,518
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sofia
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiglydrive View Post
Sorry I meant that the partition table is gone/empty , so by repartitioning I meant create the partitions that are not there anymore.
SD can't be mounted because there is no partition right now to mount.
I guess ClockworkMod would be able to mount once the correct partition is there.
I read somwhere the TWRP2.7.1 can do this try flash it and format sd card from TWRP
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes