Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to install MIUI V5 Stock based..

Tip us?

Daedroza
Old
(Last edited by Daedroza; 18th June 2014 at 10:55 AM.) Reason: UPDATED!
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Result.

Result :

Flashed fresh 4.2.2 Customized India FTF. Installed SuperSU ROOT. Flashed XZDUALRECOVERY. Selected 6.0.48 CWM-Based recovery as told.
Selected the zip to be flashed. Selected Full Wipe in AROMA!
Installation started > Stopped at 1% > Device restarted and stopped at SONY LOGO.

I am on locked boot loader and I think that's what the problem is!

- NEW
Used PhilzTouch Recovery > INSTALL Complete.
I clean wiped then clicked on INSTALL NEW ROM, which again clean data, cache. Seems to work with one bug "ALL CHECK POINTS REACHED". It is not going from my Notifications menu!

Adiyel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedroza View Post
Result :

Flashed fresh 4.2.2 Customized India FTF. Installed SuperSU ROOT. Flashed XZDUALRECOVERY. Selected 6.0.48 CWM-Based recovery as told.
Selected the zip to be flashed. Selected Full Wipe in AROMA!
Installation started > Stopped at 1% > Device restarted and stopped at SONY LOGO.

I am on locked boot loader and I think that's what the problem is!
EXACT same results. I fear though that if i unlock my bootloader and MIUI fails again, PCC won't be able to rescue me with firmware repair!

C5502 with root (TowelRoot method), XZdualRecovery, stock 4.3 (waiting to go back down to 4.2.2 INDIA release again). Any hints on how to fix this? Am really interested in trying MIUI, but if Xperia ZL roms work perfectly, then i'd like to try one of those...if there's one as interesting as MIUI

wafeeq
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Did you try to format system partition?
If I helped in any way, please hit the thanx Button
Phones:
Dead:
O2 XDA atom Exc
TG01
Rom: Custom 29022 + Sense 2021
Radio: 5005.1800.05
Retired:
O2 XDA Orbit2 (HTC Pola200)
Pcarvalho CE OS 5.2.23541
MotoDefy
MIUI.us Weekly rom
Sony Ericsson Arc S
Official locked 4.0.4
Motorola Atrix 2
Official Leak 4.1.2
Current:
Nokia Lumia 820
Windows Phone 8.1
Sony Xperia ZR
4.3 Official Locked

Daedroza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiyel View Post
EXACT same results. I fear though that if i unlock my bootloader and MIUI fails again, PCC won't be able to rescue me with firmware repair!

C5502 with root (TowelRoot method), XZdualRecovery, stock 4.3 (waiting to go back down to 4.2.2 INDIA release again). Any hints on how to fix this? Am really interested in trying MIUI, but if Xperia ZL roms work perfectly, then i'd like to try one of those...if there's one as interesting as MIUI
Yes. Use PhilZ, don't select Everything Wipe in Aroma and try installing.
If possible try installing twice! mine worked at second instance!

PROBLEM IS WITH RECOVERY AND NOT MIUI!
The Following User Says Thank You to Daedroza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sijav
Old
Thanks Meter 901

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedroza View Post
Yes. Use PhilZ, don't select Everything Wipe in Aroma and try installing.
If possible try installing twice! mine worked at second instance!

PROBLEM IS WITH RECOVERY AND NOT MIUI!
damn! you were right,
formating data partition seems not a good idea in philz recovery!!
I'm gonna remove wipe in aroma and let users do it for next release OR find a way to remove things from data manually
thanks a lot for letting me know about this one.
have fun guys
History phone: Nokia 6680 (S60V2) (my first phone) -> Nokia 1210 :| (bad days) -> Nokia N95 (S60V3) (gave it away) -> Nokia 5530 (S60V5) (got stoled ) -> Nokia X6 (S60V5) (Wrecked) -> Xperia Sola (SOLD) -> Xperia P (Gave to my sister)
Current: Xperia ZR MIUI Stock Based 4.2.2 with LB bootloader

All about Xda!

Joncat24
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Talking Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijav View Post
hi, @Joncat24 this is really strange! both things, network wrong? I'm not sure! everything is working here, system ui fc? you don't have root access? can you give me logcat? else I can't do anything because everything is working with me and I'm not sure about your problems so please give me logcat.
System will format on aroma before installing so you no need to do that!
alright here's my theory: I'm assuming that you all have tried with philz touch recovery, maybe the philz touch recovery is not good! (as you can't flash latest cm with it!!) please use ClockWorkMod (the vanilla recovery) from NDR Utils app and give me the results.
YES!!! Finally...finally i had successful to flash Miui on my Xperia ZR!!Actually i was already want to give up...but lucky i did give up... I just try not to use Philz Touch recovery...it works!! U are right...is the recovery problem...but my Xperia V was successful install the rom by using Philz Touch recovery...thats strange... I just use ClockWorkMod to flash and before flash the rom, i just wipe cacheand format system and it works...even i had mentioned before that all the problem all gone~~ thanks~

Sorry for bad english and noob question~
Sony Xperia ZR - Root,Stock 4.3currently using~
Sony Xperia V - Root,Miui V5 3.11.29 by tangjun269
SE Xperia ARC S - Root,ULB, Gin2KitKat, LuPuS Kernel
SE W380i - Death
SE J230i - Radio