Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unable to install MIUI V5 Stock based..

OP Daedroza

18th June 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
Result.
Result :

Flashed fresh 4.2.2 Customized India FTF. Installed SuperSU ROOT. Flashed XZDUALRECOVERY. Selected 6.0.48 CWM-Based recovery as told.
Selected the zip to be flashed. Selected Full Wipe in AROMA!
Installation started > Stopped at 1% > Device restarted and stopped at SONY LOGO.

I am on locked boot loader and I think that's what the problem is!

- NEW
Used PhilzTouch Recovery > INSTALL Complete.
I clean wiped then clicked on INSTALL NEW ROM, which again clean data, cache. Seems to work with one bug "ALL CHECK POINTS REACHED". It is not going from my Notifications menu!
Last edited by Daedroza; 18th June 2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: UPDATED!
18th June 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedroza

Result :

Flashed fresh 4.2.2 Customized India FTF. Installed SuperSU ROOT. Flashed XZDUALRECOVERY. Selected 6.0.48 CWM-Based recovery as told.
Selected the zip to be flashed. Selected Full Wipe in AROMA!
Installation started > Stopped at 1% > Device restarted and stopped at SONY LOGO.

I am on locked boot loader and I think that's what the problem is!

EXACT same results. I fear though that if i unlock my bootloader and MIUI fails again, PCC won't be able to rescue me with firmware repair!

C5502 with root (TowelRoot method), XZdualRecovery, stock 4.3 (waiting to go back down to 4.2.2 INDIA release again). Any hints on how to fix this? Am really interested in trying MIUI, but if Xperia ZL roms work perfectly, then i'd like to try one of those...if there's one as interesting as MIUI
18th June 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #13  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 87

190 posts
More
Did you try to format system partition?
18th June 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiyel

EXACT same results. I fear though that if i unlock my bootloader and MIUI fails again, PCC won't be able to rescue me with firmware repair!

C5502 with root (TowelRoot method), XZdualRecovery, stock 4.3 (waiting to go back down to 4.2.2 INDIA release again). Any hints on how to fix this? Am really interested in trying MIUI, but if Xperia ZL roms work perfectly, then i'd like to try one of those...if there's one as interesting as MIUI

Yes. Use PhilZ, don't select Everything Wipe in Aroma and try installing.
If possible try installing twice! mine worked at second instance!

PROBLEM IS WITH RECOVERY AND NOT MIUI!
The Following User Says Thank You to Daedroza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #15  
Flag Mashhad
Thanks Meter: 929

873 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedroza

Yes. Use PhilZ, don't select Everything Wipe in Aroma and try installing.
If possible try installing twice! mine worked at second instance!

PROBLEM IS WITH RECOVERY AND NOT MIUI!

damn! you were right,
formating data partition seems not a good idea in philz recovery!!
I'm gonna remove wipe in aroma and let users do it for next release OR find a way to remove things from data manually
thanks a lot for letting me know about this one.
have fun guys
22nd June 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #16  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 7

105 posts
More
Talking Finally
Quote:
Originally Posted by sijav

hi, @Joncat24 this is really strange! both things, network wrong? I'm not sure! everything is working here, system ui fc? you don't have root access? can you give me logcat? else I can't do anything because everything is working with me and I'm not sure about your problems so please give me logcat.
System will format on aroma before installing so you no need to do that!
alright here's my theory: I'm assuming that you all have tried with philz touch recovery, maybe the philz touch recovery is not good! (as you can't flash latest cm with it!!) please use ClockWorkMod (the vanilla recovery) from NDR Utils app and give me the results.

YES!!! Finally...finally i had successful to flash Miui on my Xperia ZR!!Actually i was already want to give up...but lucky i did give up... I just try not to use Philz Touch recovery...it works!! U are right...is the recovery problem...but my Xperia V was successful install the rom by using Philz Touch recovery...thats strange... I just use ClockWorkMod to flash and before flash the rom, i just wipe cacheand format system and it works...even i had mentioned before that all the problem all gone~~ thanks~
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread