Post Reply

Xperia phone locked out

OP rfed

19th June 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I need a big help from everyone here. Kindly assist me.

I have an Xperia J( Xperia st 26i), the mobile phone which I was using around 3 months back. As I had got an tablet (with SIM), I stopped using Xperia. Suddenly my tablet had some issues and have given it to service center and Now I cannot use Xperia because I have forgotten the password.

Can anyone help me in resetting the password without losing any data. I have lots of music, videos in my mobile which I don't want to use
It is not pattern lock, I have forgotten the password and worst thing is I had not configured gmail account in my xperia mobile

PLease please help me out
19th June 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #2  
|>/\nte's Avatar
Senior Member
Utopia
Thanks Meter: 22
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfed

I need a big help from everyone here. Kindly assist me.

I have an Xperia J( Xperia st 26i), the mobile phone which I was using around 3 months back. As I had got an tablet (with SIM), I stopped using Xperia. Suddenly my tablet had some issues and have given it to service center and Now I cannot use Xperia because I have forgotten the password.

Can anyone help me in resetting the password without losing any data. I have lots of music, videos in my mobile which I don't want to use
It is not pattern lock, I have forgotten the password and worst thing is I had not configured gmail account in my xperia mobile

PLease please help me out

If it's a pin (in the sim card), I'm afraid I can't help you out. If it's a password you have on the device, just do the following:

Tap on "emergency call" and type*#*#7378723#*#*, so the service menu will come up. Note you may have to do it 4-5 times to come up, so be patient.

When the service menu finally comes up, go to "customization settings" and then tap "reset customization". Tap "yes" if it asks you for it, and the phone will reboot. After that, your personal settings (e.g. theme, wallpaper), as well as your password will be back to factory default settings (so passwords will be wiped). ALL your personal data (e.g. music, images, videos) will remain, as well as your contacts and similar stuff. Have fun.
19th June 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by |>/\nte

If it's a pin (in the sim card), I'm afraid I can't help you out. If it's a password you have on the device, just do the following:

Tap on "emergency call" and type*#*#7378723#*#*, so the service menu will come up. Note you may have to do it 4-5 times to come up, so be patient.

When the service menu finally comes up, go to "customization settings" and then tap "reset customization". Tap "yes" if it asks you for it, and the phone will reboot. After that, your personal settings (e.g. theme, wallpaper), as well as your password will be back to factory default settings (so passwords will be wiped). ALL your personal data (e.g. music, images, videos) will remain, as well as your contacts and similar stuff. Have fun.

This did not work, currently I do not have SIM card. Is it required to put the SIM card.
Secondly I see some blogs that this code will work with android jellybean and mine I have not upgraded, so it could be icecream sandwich
19th June 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #4  
|>/\nte's Avatar
Senior Member
Utopia
Thanks Meter: 22
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfed

This did not work, currently I do not have SIM card. Is it required to put the SIM card.
Secondly I see some blogs that this code will work with android jellybean and mine I have not upgraded, so it could be icecream sandwich

I've tried it on an i.c.s. powered xperia u and it worked properly. So if it does require to put a sim card and what I told you doesn't work it must be a sim lock. I recommend you to turn on the device, connect it to your computer and get everything you have in your phone to the computer. Then give your xperia j a flash via flashtool only (pc companion will upgrade your device to jelly bean with all locks remained, so you need a clean flash of a generic firmware).
22nd June 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #5  
StaticBlaze's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 45
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfed

I need a big help from everyone here. Kindly assist me.

Do you have a custom recovery (like CWM or TWRP)?

If you do, then I can help you unlock your device.
22nd June 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticBlaze

Do you have a custom recovery (like CWM or TWRP)?

If you do, then I can help you unlock your device.

Sorry I have no idea about those terms. I searched for lot of resolution on Internet, just could not get my issue fixed
22nd June 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #7  
StaticBlaze's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 45
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfed

Sorry I have no idea about those terms. I searched for lot of resolution on Internet, just could not get my issue fixed

That's okay. No problem..
I'll guide you step-by-step from here.

First of all, you will need to unlock your boot loader

Go to the below link and start unlocking

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Report once done, I'll help you further

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Miro, Tipo (Dual), J, E Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank