21st June 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #71  
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 636

3,799 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

Oh, they'll push these things out very quickly when there are security issues. The next update, Android 4.5/5.0 will be the third update this month(?) Not bad.

Sent from my C6833_GPe using Tapatalk

i don't think google will release android 5.0 very soon. oh nexus devices are very lucky! ALL OF THEM!! they will stay up to date FOREVER!!!

Send form my Xperia™ Z (C6602) using tapatalk😃
21st June 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 652

1,813 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

i don't think google will release android 5.0 very soon. oh nexus devices are very lucky! ALL OF THEM!! they will stay up to date FOREVER!!!

I think it is 18 months for Nexus devices.
22nd June 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 4

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvernwaddell

Giving it a try as soon as it finishes downloading-will report results here.

Ok, flashing system didn't help-rear camera still not responding unless closed and then re-opened. Front facing camera works ok (albeit with a fairly crappy picture quality).
So..flashed back to bone stock, relocked bootloader and then let each update install itself after downloading. After the first update, the camera worked fine. After updating to KOT49H it worked fine. After the incremental, the camera worked. After the update to 4.4.3 the camera is borked. I don't know if that'll help anyone isolate the problem, but, hey, maybe it will.

Did anyone manage to fix their broken camera?
May I ask how you flashed back to bone stock and relocked the bootloader?
I do not have nandroid backup for my zu gpe device as it was purchase used with a broken camera.
If I restore with someone else's nandroid backup, will my camera be fixed???
Thanks!!!
22nd June 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #74  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 22

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
I used flashtool to relock the bootloader. You'll want to read up on that Don't install anyone else's nandroid backup, it'll brick your device.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 652

1,813 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvernwaddell

I used flashtool to relock the bootloader. You'll want to read up on that Don't install anyone else's nandroid backup, it'll brick your device.

Thank you been trying to get that answer for a few days as it was an idea I had to help someone restore. And just to be clear you flashed back to stock using a nandroid before relocking?
Last edited by adfurgerson; 22nd June 2014 at 06:09 AM.
22nd June 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #76  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 22

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
I flashed back using my own nandroid. I made a backup first thing when I got the phone. Using someone else's will mess up the imei on your phone. Once that happens you're kinda fried. And yes, once I flashed back, I relocked the bootloader with flashtool and just let the stock updates run. Once it was done I re-rooted and installed the stock advanced bootloader. Which is where I'm staying now in hopes that Google or Sony will pump out an update that'll fix the camera fairly soon. I did find that HD Camera ULTRA in the market (free) has an infinite focus setting, which will at least let me use the camera for some things. What are you trying to fix?

Last edited by wyvernwaddell; 22nd June 2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Clarification and question.
The Following User Says Thank You to wyvernwaddell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #77  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,664

15,002 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

Several news sources speculate that Google will indeed release 5.0 at Google I/O. We'll just have to wait a couple of days and see what happens. We're getting an update either way, but the build number isn't known.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread