Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,997 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Temporary fix for +1 issue in 4.4.2 ND8 builds

Tip us?

talkingmonkeys
Old
(Last edited by talkingmonkeys; 9th June 2014 at 10:26 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,939

DONATE TO ME
Default Temporary fix for +1 issue in 4.4.2 ND8 builds

First of all I have not experienced this issue at all but just to make things easier on everyone that is using these builds that has this issue I figured I'd make a thread for people to discuss this issue and hopefully be able to get to the bottom of it.

Now a theory I have as to why I don't get this issue is that I keep my contacts stored on my sim. The feature must be enabled in the csc file for it to work. On my rom I put this into it as default and I passed it along to lemonboi5 to add into LikeWise. If we find that this is a good fix then I will post exactly what is needed for it to work properly.

And below are some quotes out of the stockmod kit kat thread of what they have found to be a good temporary fix for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troycarpenter View Post
For the "+" or "+1" issue, I found this app as a stopgap until a fix is found:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...below.prefixer

For me, the incoming calls all have a "+" prefixed to them (not "+1", just the "+"). With Prefixer I created a simple rule that removed the "+" before dialing. Now I can dial from my call log again.

Still looking for the root problem to be fixed...the call log still shows the "+" in the number even though it's still matching numbers in my contact list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaley30705 View Post
Here is my rule set up and it seems to work fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by troycarpenter View Post
I have that as the outgoing rule, but you can create a similar rule for incoming. I have it a bit more selective:

Condition: \+.* (This only matches numbers with the plus on it...which is every number in my case)
Remove: \+

Then, at the bottom of the rule, enable the Advanced editor. There is a section that says "Add number to call log". I switched that to "Prefixed number". Now the incoming calls have the + stripped off even in the call log.

and if someone would like to try adding this to their csc/feature.xml and let me know if it fixes it.

Code:
<CscFeature_Dialer_PhonebookNdigitsMatching>true</CscFeature_Dialer_PhonebookNdigitsMatching>
<CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>true</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talkingmonkeys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matrixzone
Old
Thanks Meter 775
First!!
If this is helpful or useful, please hit "Thanks" and its free

evisser4
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Do I have to wipe dalvik or cache or anything after I add the two lines to my csc features.xml?

talkingmonkeys
Old
Thanks Meter 1,939

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by evisser4 View Post
Do I have to wipe dalvik or cache or anything after I add the two lines to my csc features.xml?
Yes I would think that'd help it work. Not sure if those work yet as nobody has confirmed anything and I still haven't seen this bug. All my numbers come in normal on every kit kat rom I've been on just wanted to post this here so people could find it if they needed it. There might be a system app or framework thats causing this even. Its consistent on all the ND8 base roms though. I'm hoping its gone in NE4, haven't seen much about it there yet except from the hybird lemonboi made which I think is more ND8 from what he told me about it.

evisser4
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingmonkeys View Post
Yes I would think that'd help it work. Not sure if those work yet as nobody has confirmed anything and I still haven't seen this bug. All my numbers come in normal on every kit kat rom I've been on just wanted to post this here so people could find it if they needed it. There might be a system app or framework thats causing this even. Its consistent on all the ND8 base roms though. I'm hoping its gone in NE4, haven't seen much about it there yet except from the hybird lemonboi made which I think is more ND8 from what he told me about it.
Ill try adding it and wiping dalvik and report back.

I think it may have to do with particular number combos. Like maybe it must be a true international two digit code in the beginning. If that is such a thing. lol For example:

A 407 number called me and it was fine..... Like this: +407XXXXXXX

But all 321 numbers are weird and when I call it back by tapping it is someone else in another country lol.

Ex. +32 1X XX XX XX

I could be way off, but I did find it odd that two different number display differently.

evisser4
Old
Thanks Meter 25
The feature.xml changes did not appear to make any difference for me. I747 AT&T, Likewise LT.

I wiped cache and dalvik too.

Let me know if you want me to try anything else. Thanks.

talkingmonkeys
Old
Thanks Meter 1,939

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by evisser4 View Post
The feature.xml changes did not appear to make any difference for me. I747 AT&T, Likewise LT.

I wiped cache and dalvik too.

Let me know if you want me to try anything else. Thanks.
Thanks for trying those and giving me a better idea of whats going on. It should be fixed on the NE4 releases but if it isn't I will look into this more. The temporary fix in the posts I quoted should help with this until you switch to an NE4 rom.

evisser4
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingmonkeys View Post
Thanks for trying those and giving me a better idea of whats going on. It should be fixed on the NE4 releases but if it isn't I will look into this more. The temporary fix in the posts I quoted should help with this until you switch to an NE4 rom.
Set up the app you recommended in the OP. Works like a charm. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evisser4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]