Notification When The User Connects On The Internet

OP clonedaccnt

22nd June 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
I have a website that has MySQL as a database and I have this item on the database that can change the status to available or unavailable, what I want is to notify all the users that subscribe on that item when the status of the item change to available. I want the user of my application to receive a notification when he/she connect on the internet. Thank you and have a good day!
22nd June 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Cheshire
Thanks Meter: 8,066

8,016 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedaccnt

I have a website that has MySQL as a database and I have this item on the database that can change the status to available or unavailable, what I want is to notify all the users that subscribe on that item when the status of the item change to available. I want the user of my application to receive a notification when he/she connect on the internet. Thank you and have a good day!

Take a look at the Google Cloud Messaging service on Google's developer website (including the samples). Easiest way to do this would probably be when you update that item to available, run an SQL query that searches for users subscribed to that item and send them a GCM notification via multicast message.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Jogny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
Thanks Jonny!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread