Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cracked screen, touch broken. Related?

OP Rekoil

22nd June 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Göteborg
Thanks Meter: 431

1,056 posts
More
My Xperia Z1 Compact just suffered the same fate as my Xperia Z1 a few weeks back (I probably shouldn't be buying smartphones hehe), that is, I dropped it from a relatively low height (though in the case of the Z1 I, and several others, may have slightly danced on it as well) and put a crack in the screen. After this drop the touch layer isn't working as it should, it only registers touches on the left side of the phone, and it only does that sometimes. Looking at other phones I've cracked the screens of in the past, these two are the only ones where I've had this problem with the touchscreen post-incident, the others, no matter how much I'd disintegrate the screens, touch would always still work. As this is the second Sony phone I've had recently that behaves like this after cracking the screen I'm beginning to think that Sony designs their phones in a way that makes this outcome more likely.

So my question is this: have people around here noticed similar behaviour in their Sony phones when the screen was cracked?
Last edited by Rekoil; 23rd June 2014 at 07:08 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread