Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Random vibrate on boot.

OP chkenwing

20th June 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5

62 posts
More
So I'm aware of the haptic-like vibration when a phone is rebooted/booting up/shutting down which I know is normal.

However after it has loaded into the main screen, my phone vibrates (sorta a haptic-feedback vibration).

I have no clue what is calling this vibration. Initially I thought it was caused by my phone being on silent and it's notifying me that the phone is on vibration mode but I turned up the volume and I'm still getting it.

I noticed it was vibrating at around the same time my wifi toggle is enabled through the quick settings in the notification drop down. However, again I troubleshooted by switching off my wifi, reboot phone but I still get the vibrate.

I used logcat to see whether I could find out whether an app is calling a vibration but I can't really make any sense from it. I notice around 20 seconds into boot up there's a vibrator service showing up.
20th June 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nasr City
Thanks Meter: 23

109 posts
More
check show all ANR's

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
21st June 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msasm09

check show all ANR's

Sorry for the noobish reply, but what does this do?

I don't think it's a phone error but more so an app I installed (ever since towelroot was released) lol.

Then again, its not bothering me too much but at the same time I kinda want to know where it's originating from.
21st June 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Nasr City

109 posts
More
Tick that option to notify you whenever application not responding occur to trouble shoot it

21st June 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #5  
Flag Blackpool
Thanks Meter: 44

120 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chkenwing

So I'm aware of the haptic-like vibration when a phone is rebooted/booting up/shutting down which I know is normal.

However after it has loaded into the main screen, my phone vibrates (sorta a haptic-feedback vibration).

I have no clue what is calling this vibration. Initially I thought it was caused by my phone being on silent and it's notifying me that the phone is on vibration mode but I turned up the volume and I'm still getting it.

I noticed it was vibrating at around the same time my wifi toggle is enabled through the quick settings in the notification drop down. However, again I troubleshooted by switching off my wifi, reboot phone but I still get the vibrate.

I used logcat to see whether I could find out whether an app is calling a vibration but I can't really make any sense from it. I notice around 20 seconds into boot up there's a vibrator service showing up.

yes ive noticed this too, ive used towelroot too but not sure if it was there before. i thought it was just related to the wifi switching on like you said. be interesting to find out what causes it.
22nd June 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Nasr City

109 posts
More
I think it's knox related

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread