Adding a file

OP nasars

22nd June 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hey everyone, new to the forum, but have been lurking in the background for a while. Have a question, I'm trying to add a gps patch to improve my gps reception(which is horrible) but when I try to install to /etc/ of the system I keep getting a "file is read only" error. Question is how do make the file system read/write? Phone has 2.3.4 version. When using explorer app it states that system (not sd card) is mounted as r/o. Can I unmount system to r/w? Thanks
22nd June 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasars

Hey everyone, new to the forum, but have been lurking in the background for a while. Have a question, I'm trying to add a gps patch to improve my gps reception(which is horrible) but when I try to install to /etc/ of the system I keep getting a "file is read only" error. Question is how do make the file system read/write? Phone has 2.3.4 version. When using explorer app it states that system (not sd card) is mounted as r/o. Can I unmount system to r/w? Thanks

This is the patch that I'm trying to add http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=21445357
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread