Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 40,365 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CyanogenMod on T-Mobile S4 with Mac OS

Tip us?

idaylightx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] CyanogenMod on T-Mobile S4 with Mac OS

Hey XDA forums! I'm having a bit of trouble downloading CyanogenMod on my T-Mobile Galaxy S4. I got a Macbook Pro yesterday and decided that I want to root my phone. I found the Mac installer for CyanogenMod online already, but the problem is that I always get to the point where it says "install" which restarts my phone into the "Do not turn off" with an Android on the phone screen, then my Mac CyanogenMod program says that "We couldn't talk to your device". If anyone can please help with my situation it would be greatly appreciated!

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 875
This thread may help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442262

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

no_username_available
Old
Thanks Meter 40
i have a macbook pro too, what i did was install windows so i never have compatibility issues, id suggest doing so if you keep having that problem

idaylightx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters View Post
This thread may help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442262

Thanks for showing me the thread but would you know how to install CyanogenMod after doing all the information shown? I'm a beginner in rooting.

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 875
Sure thing. I do it every morning. I download the latest nightly. I get it by typing get cm jflte into Google.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jflte&type=

It takes you there. I don't use the cm installer.

I open rom manager and click install from SD card.

I pick the file I downloaded.

It flashes the latest version of cm for me.

I then use cache mate and fast reboot.

That's about it.

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

PS

Since you're a first timer you'll need to download rom manager. You get it from the playstore:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...MvOt8gGK_oCgDA

Additionally, you will have to wipe data and cache before your first cm install.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idaylightx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SD Card

Thanks for all the help! I got everything to work but I wanted to ask if it is possible to move apps to the SD card. I just bought a 32gb Samsung SDHC and want to move all my Spotify data onto there since its about 11GB (I download alot of music). Thanks in advance.

no_username_available
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by idaylightx View Post
Thanks for all the help! I got everything to work but I wanted to ask if it is possible to move apps to the SD card. I just bought a 32gb Samsung SDHC and want to move all my Spotify data onto there since its about 11GB (I download alot of music). Thanks in advance.
get GL to SD its great, i have like 40gbs of apps on my 16gb phone using my 64gb sandisk class 10