T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

[Q] CyanogenMod on T-Mobile S4 with Mac OS

OP idaylightx

15th June 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey XDA forums! I'm having a bit of trouble downloading CyanogenMod on my T-Mobile Galaxy S4. I got a Macbook Pro yesterday and decided that I want to root my phone. I found the Mac installer for CyanogenMod online already, but the problem is that I always get to the point where it says "install" which restarts my phone into the "Do not turn off" with an Android on the phone screen, then my Mac CyanogenMod program says that "We couldn't talk to your device". If anyone can please help with my situation it would be greatly appreciated!
16th June 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 888

3,066 posts
More
This thread may help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442262

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41

320 posts
More
i have a macbook pro too, what i did was install windows so i never have compatibility issues, id suggest doing so if you keep having that problem
16th June 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

This thread may help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442262

Thanks for showing me the thread but would you know how to install CyanogenMod after doing all the information shown? I'm a beginner in rooting.
16th June 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 888

3,066 posts
More
Sure thing. I do it every morning. I download the latest nightly. I get it by typing get cm jflte into Google.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jflte&type=

It takes you there. I don't use the cm installer.

I open rom manager and click install from SD card.

I pick the file I downloaded.

It flashes the latest version of cm for me.

I then use cache mate and fast reboot.

That's about it.

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

PS

Since you're a first timer you'll need to download rom manager. You get it from the playstore:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...MvOt8gGK_oCgDA

Additionally, you will have to wipe data and cache before your first cm install.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
SD Card
Thanks for all the help! I got everything to work but I wanted to ask if it is possible to move apps to the SD card. I just bought a 32gb Samsung SDHC and want to move all my Spotify data onto there since its about 11GB (I download alot of music). Thanks in advance.
22nd June 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41

320 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idaylightx

Thanks for all the help! I got everything to work but I wanted to ask if it is possible to move apps to the SD card. I just bought a 32gb Samsung SDHC and want to move all my Spotify data onto there since its about 11GB (I download alot of music). Thanks in advance.

get GL to SD its great, i have like 40gbs of apps on my 16gb phone using my 64gb sandisk class 10

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread