Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt
Sigh, yes, yes I did.
However, due to my sleep deprived brain, my enthusiasm for @spegelius
work, and my wanting an AOSP ROM, my comprehension
missed that one teensy number.
Sorry and thanks.
I just wiped and restored my nand, no blood, no foul. Any chance you will work on a 4.4 AOSP ROM for the I-9295? I'd gladly throw another donation your way. Custom ROMs are interesting, but AOSP flies light and fast.
AOSP 4.4 is on my todo list, but currently this kernel is taking my limited time.
I've been debugging the overclocking and results so far:
- there's a default value of 1890Mhz for cpu max clocks. Even through i enable oc steps in KTweaker, that max value is respected and you cannot go over it
- there's a system file per cpu, scaling_booted. Writing value 1 to it changes the Max cpu to 2322Mhz. Now when i change cpu freq, it changes. Sadly, every freq i've tried hangs the phone, even with extra voltage :/. Hang doesn't happen immediately, but it hangs
Now as this is first time for me tweaking cpu freq parameters and what not, i have more questions than before i started debugging this
- is the scaling_booted value 1 supposed to e written to all cpus? Propably, but onto the next question ->
- what writes the value? KTweaker has an error when starting:
W/System.err( 8528): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/devices/virtual/sec/tsp/slide2wake: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
- do i need to set permissions to some files in init scripts? I get some errors like this in dmesg:
<3>[ 27.333740] mpd msm_mpd_attr_em_win_size_min_us_store: Error 4 returned when setting algo param em_win_size_min_us to 100000
<3>[ 27.345153] mpd msm_mpd_attr_em_win_size_max_us_store: Error 4 returned when setting algo param em_win_size_max_us to 1000000
<3>[ 27.356170] mpd msm_mpd_attr_online_util_pct_min_store: Error 4 returned when setting algo param online_util_pct_min to 3
<3>[ 27.367584] mpd msm_mpd_attr_online_util_pct_max_store: Error 4 returned when setting algo param online_util_pct_max to 25
<3>[ 27.378356] mpd msm_mpd_attr_em_max_util_pct_store: Error 4 returned when setting algo param em_max_util_pct to 97