Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I just received update to 7.4.9

Tip us?

$yr0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey!

I will get mine in the next days. I am just thinking if its possible to skip the setup at the beginning. Then it wont have any internetconnection for updating the software and try to root it. Just send all the files on the device with usb cable.

My second idea is, is it possible to downgrade or "unbrick" the device with a rooted stockrom. Is this possible without a factory cable?

Is the rooting process possible with a factory cable?
I mean do we have full control, independent of the software we are running on our device.

Is this possible, or should i send it back? Thanks for all your support

CSX321
Old
(Last edited by CSX321; 19th June 2014 at 05:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
I was able to re-root 7.4.9 with bin4ry 33 option 1. Reinstalled SuperSU, then reinstalled the Play Store (Play Services Framework, vending.apk, Play Services, Play Store, following the usual instructions). Just finished it all, and it's working perfectly, as far as I can tell.

Edit again...It was my stupid programming mistake. Play Services does seem to be working fine after all. Ignore first edit below.
---------------------------------
Edit...Okay, there is at least one problem. One of my own apps that uses Google Play Services is dying when it tries to refresh the ad (I think that's when it dies). I'll hook up the debugger, and see what's going on.
The Following User Says Thank You to CSX321 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thm12345
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Rooted Stock ROM 7.4.9 - what can I do now?

Hello,

3 days ago i got my Kindle Fire HD (Tate) with 7.4.9. Yesterday I root it with a prerooted Image 7.4.9 and the "KFHD System.img Restore Tool" (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254) via Fastboot. After more than 1 hour (erasing userdate needs more than 40 minutes) - it works fine.

Now my question: Is there any known way to change the ROM to CM11 or to downgrade it and than change to CM11?

Regards
Thomas

Red_81
Old
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
I believe you can downgrade via the other images in that thread

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
ADB Portable
If you like the files please donate

Forum Rule #10: Help others if you can.

Currently Running: ShoStock on my S4

Chintao
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSX321 View Post
I was able to re-root 7.4.9 with bin4ry 33 option 1. Reinstalled SuperSU, then reinstalled the Play Store (Play Services Framework, vending.apk, Play Services, Play Store, following the usual instructions). Just finished it all, and it's working perfectly, as far as I can tell.

Edit again...It was my stupid programming mistake. Play Services does seem to be working fine after all. Ignore first edit below.
---------------------------------
Edit...Okay, there is at least one problem. One of my own apps that uses Google Play Services is dying when it tries to refresh the ad (I think that's when it dies). I'll hook up the debugger, and see what's going on.

OMG i am so stupid! everything worked fine with bin4ary 33 option1! i just didn't see SuperSU >.< i then installed second bootloader and CM 11 like in the videos from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551661

everything went ok and it works perfectly! thanks to everyone!

$yr0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, got my Device today and i rooted it. It had Version 7.4.9. Rooted with:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2351201

THX!

Thinkiwinki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ...

I still don't get it fully.
My kindle gets recognized as an adb device, when i punch in the "adb devices".
But when it comes to using Bin4ry's method, it doesn't work like you people describe it here.
I get the message: "remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist.

what can I do?

Red_81
Old
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
I noticed that too when using binary. I replaced the adb.exe and the two dll files in the binary folder with the ones from the folder with the working adb. It would then connect for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
ADB Portable
If you like the files please donate

Forum Rule #10: Help others if you can.

Currently Running: ShoStock on my S4
The Following User Says Thank You to Red_81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thm12345
Old
(Last edited by thm12345; 22nd June 2014 at 11:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up CM11 successfull installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thm12345 View Post
Hello,

3 days ago i got my Kindle Fire HD (Tate) with 7.4.9. Yesterday I root it with a prerooted Image 7.4.9 and the "KFHD System.img Restore Tool" (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254) via Fastboot. After more than 1 hour (erasing userdate needs more than 40 minutes) - it works fine.

Now my question: Is there any known way to change the ROM to CM11 or to downgrade it and than change to CM11?

Regards
Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81 View Post
I believe you can downgrade via the other images in that thread

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for the quick reply. Now I got CM11 installed. First I downgrade it to prerooted image with version 7.4.8 using the "KFHD System.img Restore Tool". Than I install CM11 as described in post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848. It took me many attempts with different versions. The combination with version 7.4.8, TRWP 2.7.0.0 and CM11 M7 was successfull .

Regards Thomas

Thinkiwinki
Old
(Last edited by Thinkiwinki; 22nd June 2014 at 07:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default THX!

I've seen, that many people out there have the bin\ric problem. And as you (and me) are not seeing the superuser icon,
we assumed, that we were not granted root.
BUT: Even if it doesn't show, you might have root already. Use the free root analyzer app to make sure.
And another advice: Deactivate the update funtion of amazon. That saves you from the need to root again