OP stormdude124

10th February 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dyersburg,TN,USA
Thanks Meter: 128

341 posts
Donate to Me
More
First off i'm going to say, I know SOME BASIC CODING (I developed some for windows and a little bit on android)
I decided to TRY to build our Captivate glide users more KitKat roms!
So basically I have the source for liquid smooth but I don't know what to do from there (Remember I'm new so don't blow up on me,I'm trying!)
If there is a guide on how to build or you guys can help me on this that would be great!
I was following this guide:
[GUIDE][AOSPA:v3.+] How to Compile AOSPA from Source : + Support and Maintenance
Instead of compiling PA, I decided to use Liquid Smooth (for the life of me couldn't find PA android 4.4.2 REPO!)
did what the guide said and now i'm stuck here:
Quote:

VERY IMPORTANT: Now, before the final stage sync, make sure there's no code referring to 'ParanoidPreferences' in manifest.

To check that

1) Open your File Browser,
2) Press Ctrl+H (to show hidden files/directories)
3) Navigate to android/system/.repo/manifest.xml
(Right Click & open the XML file in text editor)

*REMOVE ANY 'PARANOIDPREFERENCES' CODE FROM MANIFEST*
*REMOVE GROUPER DEVICE TREE FROM MANIFEST* (This'll be useless, unless you're compiling for Grouper: Nexus 7)

-> Now, Lets add the device specific trees:

Add your own device tree, kernel tree, hardware source tree, & vendor proprietaries tree in the local manifest.

For this, create a new file .repo/local_manifest.xml, & use something in similar terms:

For example, I'm using all corresponding trees for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - International
Following is just an example, not what you should copy/paste. SEARCH & USE YOUR OWN DEVICE SPECIFIC TREES
(codes)Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project name="ParanoidAndroid/android_device_samsung_i9300" path="device/samsung/i9300" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
<project name="ParanoidAndroid/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
</manifest>

I also didn't download the repo into /android/system like it says, I put it into /liquid (followed this) How to compile liquid smooth
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm eager to learn how to do this!
My setup
Ubuntu 13.10 x64
10th February 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,082

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
did you read that?

Any error message?

wget http://commondatastorage.googleapis....downloads/repo
chmod 777 repo
./repo init -u git://github.com/LiquidSmooth/android.git -b kitkat
./repo sync

Than you should have source.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dyersburg,TN,USA
Thanks Meter: 128

341 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well this attempt to develop is on stand still until I go off on my ISP for shutting off my services because we "apparently" did't pay enough when we did!

Sent from my Kitkatified I927 running CM 11
22nd June 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 209

943 posts
More
Here is the paranoid android 4.4 repo:
https://github.com/AOSPA-legacy/manifest
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread