FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Help please!

18th June 2014, 02:24 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So I have the Tmobile variant of the S3 and I have tried everything and spent countless hours trying to fix my problem. My phone will not connect to my computer after I tried with different cables and going through the phone utilities. I also did what other forums said and I had no luck. The binary count is at 10 because I tried to root this phone long time ago and I was unsuccessful. The device is not rooted because I checked if I had root access. The phone will only charge when I connect it to the computer and I need it to update to the stock 4.3 from Tmobile using odin. Any help??
 
 
18th June 2014, 07:48 AM |#2  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,573
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrravipatel

So I have the Tmobile variant of the S3 and I have tried everything and spent countless hours trying to fix my problem. My phone will not connect to my computer after I tried with different cables and going through the phone utilities. I also did what other forums said and I had no luck. The binary count is at 10 because I tried to root this phone long time ago and I was unsuccessful. The device is not rooted because I checked if I had root access. The phone will only charge when I connect it to the computer and I need it to update to the stock 4.3 from Tmobile using odin. Any help??

Are you using cables bought with chargers? Or are you using quality "Data Cables"? Also, try different USB ports on the computer. Uninstall and reinstall drivers from Device Manager. If it will charge, but not transfer data, it sounds to me that its either a cable issue, or a driver issue. (Could be a bad port on the phone as well, but this is less likely)
18th June 2014, 04:47 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Are you using cables bought with chargers? Or are you using quality "Data Cables"? Also, try different USB ports on the computer. Uninstall and reinstall drivers from Device Manager. If it will charge, but not transfer data, it sounds to me that its either a cable issue, or a driver issue. (Could be a bad port on the phone as well, but this is less likely)

Yeah I tried all of that and I still had no luck
18th June 2014, 06:45 PM |#4  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,573
 
Donate to Me
More
If you are stock, unrooted, can't you just use the software update in settings > about device?

When connected to the computer, what does it say in device manager?

Can you try on a different computer? If it also does not work on another computer, it may be more likely that there is a problem with the port on your phone.
19th June 2014, 05:50 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrravipatel

Yeah I tried all of that and I still had no luck

I would try downloading the drivers from the Samsung website. It doesn't really sound like it would be a problem with the phone. Also try switching between MTP and PTP and waiting a couple of minutes in between to see if the computer installs the phone correctly.
19th June 2014, 07:01 PM |#6  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,573
 
Donate to Me
More
You can get drivers from my Sig if you want to try several different versions. Just make sure you uninstall through device manager.
21st June 2014, 03:08 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Smile Hi
I recommend you try re installing your cell phones drivers on your computer or flashing your ROM correctly. Try updating the device manually.
22nd June 2014, 12:45 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

If you are stock, unrooted, can't you just use the software update in settings > about device?

When connected to the computer, what does it say in device manager?

Can you try on a different computer? If it also does not work on another computer, it may be more likely that there is a problem with the port on your phone.

I tried to do all that with the drivers but the phone will not connect regardless.
22nd June 2014, 06:50 PM |#9  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,573
 
Donate to Me
More
Sounds like its either cables or usb ports then. See if you cant get a hold of an actual data cable, preferably a samsung replacement. Then try that on every usb port on the computer.

And for the drivers, are you uninstalling them through device manager before trying a different version? In my driver repo at least try the oldest and the 2nd and 3rd from the newest if you haven't already.

If none of the above works you may need to consider either reformatting and reinstalling Windows, or try to do this on a friend ir family members computer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes