Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrade firmware, wait and/or safestrap?

Tip us?

chaosmage123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Upgrade firmware, wait and/or safestrap?

Hey everyone,

I'm well aware of the locked boot loader situation and everything and I'm just fed up with it all. I'm currently on MJ7 and am unrooted. I don't mind waiting, but I really need a custom rom. I've been looking into safestrap. Is that basically duel booting a computer for android phones? Just installing on a virtual ram slot and booting into that rather than stock? And can any rooted phone run safestrap and boot into a custom rom?

Also, if I do go with the safestrap option, would I be better of staying on MJ7 or upgrading? I have a feeling that if I did upgrade to NC2 or the newest one, that would limit my chances of gaining root if someone figures it out to around zero. What should I end up doing?

Thanks in advance.

calebcabob
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosmage123 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm well aware of the locked boot loader situation and everything and I'm just fed up with it all. I'm currently on MJ7 and am unrooted. I don't mind waiting, but I really need a custom rom. I've been looking into safestrap. Is that basically duel booting a computer for android phones? Just installing on a virtual ram slot and booting into that rather than stock? And can any rooted phone run safestrap and boot into a custom rom?

Also, if I do go with the safestrap option, would I be better of staying on MJ7 or upgrading? I have a feeling that if I did upgrade to NC2 or the newest one, that would limit my chances of gaining root if someone figures it out to around zero. What should I end up doing?

Thanks in advance.
This should help you