[Q] Upgrade firmware, wait and/or safestrap?

OP chaosmage123

22nd June 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Hey everyone,

I'm well aware of the locked boot loader situation and everything and I'm just fed up with it all. I'm currently on MJ7 and am unrooted. I don't mind waiting, but I really need a custom rom. I've been looking into safestrap. Is that basically duel booting a computer for android phones? Just installing on a virtual ram slot and booting into that rather than stock? And can any rooted phone run safestrap and boot into a custom rom?

Also, if I do go with the safestrap option, would I be better of staying on MJ7 or upgrading? I have a feeling that if I did upgrade to NC2 or the newest one, that would limit my chances of gaining root if someone figures it out to around zero. What should I end up doing?

Thanks in advance.
22nd June 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #2  
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 248

607 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosmage123

Hey everyone,

I'm well aware of the locked boot loader situation and everything and I'm just fed up with it all. I'm currently on MJ7 and am unrooted. I don't mind waiting, but I really need a custom rom. I've been looking into safestrap. Is that basically duel booting a computer for android phones? Just installing on a virtual ram slot and booting into that rather than stock? And can any rooted phone run safestrap and boot into a custom rom?

Also, if I do go with the safestrap option, would I be better of staying on MJ7 or upgrading? I have a feeling that if I did upgrade to NC2 or the newest one, that would limit my chances of gaining root if someone figures it out to around zero. What should I end up doing?

Thanks in advance.

This should help you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank