Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,461 Members 47,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock International Boot/Shutdown animation & Sound - Remove T-Mobile Boot Logo

Tip us?

santidoo
Old
(Last edited by santidoo; 17th May 2014 at 12:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Will this also work on Galaxy S3 LTE (GT-9305) ?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

OK, I tried myself. The boot & shutdown animations worked perfectly

ffstudios
Old
(Last edited by ffstudios; 1st June 2014 at 11:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Who made the zip file in the OP? I certainly hope it wasn't the same person who wrote this thread because I cannot fathom what it would take to add superfluous files to something like this and then hardly have any section in your post that mentions them. What are the shutdown.qmg and shutdown.qmg.cover files doing in there if we aren't supposed to transfer them?

EDIT: Also, they didn't work at all for me.
EDIT2: Had to restore phone to get the lock button working again. A word of advice to OP: try debugging your files before releasing them to people publicly. Thanks.

rockingondrums
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffstudios View Post
Who made the zip file in the OP? I certainly hope it wasn't the same person who wrote this thread because I cannot fathom what it would take to add superfluous files to something like this and then hardly have any section in your post that mentions them. What are the shutdown.qmg and shutdown.qmg.cover files doing in there if we aren't supposed to transfer them?

EDIT: Also, they didn't work at all for me.
EDIT2: Had to restore phone to get the lock button working again. A word of advice to OP: try debugging your files before releasing them to people publicly. Thanks.
The zip file is not supposed to be flashed in case you didn't already know. I've been using this bootanimation, after reading the instructions in the OP, and not had any problems. If you didn't flash them, and copied them like you were supposed to, then perhaps the shutdown files are to blame. I don't know, I just came back here if there was an explanation for those. Did you copy the shutdowns and set their permissions correctly and THEN have an issue?

rfb813
Old
Thanks Meter 532
Used the OP zip file, followed the instructions and removed the T-Mobile boot and shutdown animations. Works great . Don't forget to set the permissions, very important!