Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC first Restrictive access changed.

Tip us?

anilhotblood
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] HTC first Restrictive access changed.

Just couple of day's on android. I m from india .Recently i brought a htc first from ebay.com "http://www.ebay.in/itm/181341208002?...84.m1439.l2649"

It say's it's unlocked, but from beginning day, when i inserted reliance (one carrier) it is showing another carrier (airtel), Also during some time interval it is showing "restrictive access changed" on the top tower vanishes for some 6 or 7 seconds, Just yester day any how i managed to install JmzMystJBSense (by help of xda guys and google instruction) on my device. Still now same problem my network goes out.

As now in this rom bluetooth and wifi not working , however i can get this over by installing "http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2743490.

but as i am not that much familiar will you xda guys just give short note how to do this.

In bootloader mode (after pressing volume down and power) there is a menu sim lock, is it ok ?

procitysam
Old
Thanks Meter 9
It could be a result of flashing a dirty rom meaning that you didn't do a factory reset before and/or after flashing the ROM. The sim lock could be a result of flashing the ROM, because I think it's able to "re-lock" the sim.

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

anilhotblood
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial Htc First

Quote:
Originally Posted by procitysam View Post
It could be a result of flashing a dirty rom meaning that you didn't do a factory reset before and/or after flashing the ROM. The sim lock could be a result of flashing the ROM, because I think it's able to "re-lock" the sim.

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thank u for reply
my friend

Friend i did flash rom of jimyzbest sense , and i believe that i did all good, no error , can u plz narrate short description how did u flash ur rom or provide me link, actually i m totally new to android, so i may did some mistake, if wrong flash than this time i am thinking to load "HTC First Miuiv5 UnOfficial 4.6.17(MiuiTime 4.6.13)又一次见证 " plz guide me little.

Any way thank you for this guide my friend, one more thing u r on which rom and which kernel .

abrahammmmmmm_
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilhotblood View Post
Just couple of day's on android. I m from india .Recently i brought a htc first from ebay.com "http://www.ebay.in/itm/181341208002?...84.m1439.l2649"

It say's it's unlocked, but from beginning day, when i inserted reliance (one carrier) it is showing another carrier (airtel), Also during some time interval it is showing "restrictive access changed" on the top tower vanishes for some 6 or 7 seconds, Just yester day any how i managed to install JmzMystJBSense (by help of xda guys and google instruction) on my device. Still now same problem my network goes out.

As now in this rom bluetooth and wifi not working , however i can get this over by installing "http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2743490.

but as i am not that much familiar will you xda guys just give short note how to do this.

In bootloader mode (after pressing volume down and power) there is a menu sim lock, is it ok ?
Do not fret from the restrictive access popping up in the status bar as that's only an HTC component monitoring what's happening in your phone. As for the simlock that will be there always, you might not have noticed this before because it's only shown in fastboot but not the boot loader itself. It is impossible for the Sim to relock itself with a ROM flash as that has to due with the deeper bottom layer security on the phone. Your Sim is not locked but I do suspect that you might have messed up the phone's radios from a dirty flash. What I suggest now using is the sense 5 ROM if you personally like sense (which I don't because stock is days faster) and note that if you use the sense 5 ROM only the specific kernel the depelover made for it will work. Other kernels will result in Bluetooth and WiFi being broken. The steps are these:
In cwm Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, system, then do a factory reset. Proceed then to flash your ROM of liking. Then flash the kernel (specifically for sense 5):http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2744735
Proceed to then enter boot loader mode (note that if you're s-off you're done and can now boot normally and do not need to complete this step, though if you don't know what that is chances are you're not s-off) and select fastboot. Now extract the boot.IMG from the kernel and flash it using the command "fastboot flash boot boot.IMG"