Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchpad Toolbox Mount Media Volume FAILED

Tip us?

Michigan3002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Klog link

I did this, see if the klog helps.
the url is dropbox.com forward slash then s/8cd53d3rthbtcvc/klog.txt

swackerl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsullins View Post
Yes, it should disconnect when TPToolbox starts ... then reconnect as a different type USB endpoint.

And do another disconnect/reconnect when it's supposed to give the "Mount Media".

Hopefully, the TPToolbox kernel log will provide some useful information. Here's how to get that.

1) Load TPToolbox as before and select "Mount Media"
2) Wait a minute, then select "Umount Media"
3) Select "Reboot" and start holding the VolumeUP button and hold it until you see the big USB symbol (i.e. webOS recovery)
NOTE: It's important that you go straight to the USB symbol in this way (i.e. not select webOS recovery from moboot)
If it doesn't go straight to webOS recovery (i.e. you get moboot menu or it boots to something else), you will go back to step 1.
4) Download http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...ox/palmenv.bat
NOTE: Don't include the quotes ("") surrounding the commands to be run below.
5) Open a "Command Prompt" and then run "cd Downloads" (I.e. I'm assuming you saved palmenv.bat to Downloads above)
6) Run "palmenv"
7) Now run "novacom -t open tty:// > klog.txt"
8) At this point, it should appear that that command is still running (no new command prompt appears)
9) Now type "klog last" (w/o the quotes, enter afterwards)
10) Then wait 30 seconds and the type "poweroff" (w/o the quotes, enter afterwards)

You should now have a file called klog.txt in your Downloads dir (or where you ran the above commands).

Upload that file somewhere and provide link here.
I uploaded the klog.txt file as an attachment to this post. Please let me know if you're unable to read it. Thanks for all the help!
Attached Files
File Type: txt klog.txt - [Click for QR Code] (29.1 KB, 21 views)

jcsullins
Old
Thanks Meter 1166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan3002 View Post
I did this, see if the klog helps.
the url is dropbox.com forward slash then s/8cd53d3rthbtcvc/klog.txt
Based on that log, I think the problem is the USB cable you are using.

It thinks you are using a USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable. They are used when you want to connect a "client" device (i.e. keyboard, mouse, USB drive, etc.) to the Touchpad (on the Touchpad you also need a "Y" cable or powered hub too, but that doesn't matter here).

So why does it work loading TPToolbox via the bootloader, you ask? I think the bootloader is too "dumb" and doesn't know about the special pin that OTG cables have that enables the "host" mode. So, in effect, it just gets ignored by the bootloader and stays in "client" mode. The kernel used by TPToolbox has much more functionality, though, and sees that extra pin that OTG cables have.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by swackerl View Post
I uploaded the klog.txt file as an attachment to this post. Please let me know if you're unable to read it. Thanks for all the help!
Based on your log, you have the same issue as above -- it thinks you have a USB OTG cable instead of a normal USB cable.

swackerl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

It thinks you are using a USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable. They are used when you want to connect a "client" device (i.e. keyboard, mouse, USB drive, etc.) to the Touchpad (on the Touchpad you also need a "Y" cable or powered hub too, but that doesn't matter here).

So why does it work loading TPToolbox via the bootloader, you ask? I think the bootloader is too "dumb" and doesn't know about the special pin that OTG cables have that enables the "host" mode. So, in effect, it just gets ignored by the bootloader and stays in "client" mode. The kernel used by TPToolbox has much more functionality, though, and sees that extra pin that OTG cables have.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Based on your log, you have the same issue as above -- it thinks you have a USB OTG cable instead of a normal USB cable.
Excellent, I didn't notice it but after you said that I looked at the USB cable and it was one from LG, rather than HP. Luckily I had another HP Touchpad with the OEM USB cable. I swapped out the LG USB cable with the HP OEM USB cable and it worked as expected. Thanks jcsullins!

coleraine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Touchpad toolbox no recovery file found, aborting

I am new to this,I am running Touchpad toolbox,and did a complete reset then Install Android the touchpad folder opens on the PC i then copied over the following 3 .zip files

recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-tenderloin.zip
gapps-kk-20140105.zip
cm-11-20140609-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin.zip

then eject touchpad from pc and unmount.

I just keep getting the error NO RECOVERY FILE FOUND, ABORTING
Could someone help please,I don't know what to do.

Thanks...

swackerl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleraine View Post
I am new to this,I am running Touchpad toolbox,and did a complete reset then Install Android the touchpad folder opens on the PC i then copied over the following 3 .zip files

recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-tenderloin.zip
gapps-kk-20140105.zip
cm-11-20140609-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin.zip

then eject touchpad from pc and unmount.

I just keep getting the error NO RECOVERY FILE FOUND, ABORTING
Could someone help please,I don't know what to do.

Thanks...
I don't think that the file "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-tenderloin.zip" is a supported recovery file. You can see the list of supported recovery files (CWM, Philz-CWM, TWRP) at the Touchpad Toolbox thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2756314

Michigan3002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Sure enough, I swapped USB cables and it worked like a charm. Thanks so much!

cpufox
Old
(Last edited by cpufox; 22nd June 2014 at 08:40 PM.) Reason: SOLVED
Thanks Meter 0
Default media volume mounts, able to copy to ttinstall, but also cannot continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by swackerl View Post
I downloaded touchpad toolbox (TPToolbox v40) and the associated required files to update a WebOS-only (stock) touchpad to Android:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...26&postcount=2

I did these steps after I had the files ready:
1. Booted into WebOS recovery mode (worked)
2. Ran the TPToolbox script (tptb_v40_win.bat, worked)
3. Selected "Complete Data Reset" from the TPToolbox menu (worked)
4. Selected "Install Android" from the TPToolbox menu (failed)

The first step of "Install Android" attempts to mount the media volume. The TPToolbox description says that a new media volume should show up on my PC with a folder called 'ttinstall' in it. My PC never recognizes any new media volume, so I can't copy files or continue the installation. I need help in figuring out why the media volume isn't being mounted.

If I reboot into WebOS recovery mode, the PC will recognize the device and I can re-download TPToolbox to the device again. The fact that I'm able to do this confirms that the PC and USB cable are working properly.

I didn't see any other threads where this issue was discussed. Any clues about what could be happening here? Right now I'm left with a touchpad with no webos and no android.

I always see the "HP Touchpad" device mount as drive letter under Windows 7 64-bit (using Universal Novacom driver)
and am able to copy files, so I am a step ahead, but cannot continue

THIS WAS A BAD USB CABLE FOR ME ALSO - It appears to work fine for TPToolbox load,
but that is deceptive, the zip files copied are never valid!! Once I switch to new mini-usb it was fine....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2777744

SOLVED BY ABOVE THREAD http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2774779&page=2
which was excellent effort in the debugging process ...Where do these other cables come from?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2774779&page=2